New user interface is horrible!
reclaimer7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last night you changed the graphical user interface on the DVR/Receiver.  I cannot stand the new look.  It loads slower than the old menu. It is hard to see quickly read the favorites. The color scheme is not as good. The info bar at the bottom (the one seen after changing channels) takes up half the screen, mostly with blank space, blocking the view of the channel for 10 seconds. I also lost some DVR recordings that were corrupted while the new system was being downloaded.  I want the old GUI back. 

Re: New user interface is horrible!
jamesbank
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im also dissapointed in the new format....Very hard to read......I hope they get enough complaints and return to the old format...

TheKennedys703
Enthusiast - Level 1

We hate it also. I wish there would have been some kind of letter or email indicating the change. It is S.L.O.W! The color scheme is hard to read when you're also watching TV...also how do you pause/fastf forward/rewind etc? Luckily we didn't lose any of our DVR'd programs but we cannot rewind TV shows if we missed something.

Does anyone have any feedback on how to rewind?

crownofsilver
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree!! I am on the bandwagon with this 'complaint'.  One would think that a technology developer on the level of Verizon would know better than to put white letters/type on a light background.  (Where are your SE and SI Verizon?  They would catch this mistake).  What were the system designers thinking? 

I hope what we are looking at is only a beta version of a yet-to-come better user interface.  I checked the web site and could not find a link to send comment to the customer support.  If we can give them a suggestion, I would first suggest larger font, but not so much that we lose the extended programming that is displayed.  Along with the larger font, I would like to see either a dark background with white (or light) type (preferred) or a light background with dark type.

DebbieO2
Enthusiast - Level 1
completely agree!
DebbieO2
Enthusiast - Level 1
i created this online ID just to post a complaint about the new UI. The gradient and colors are awful. You can't see anything from a distance- we have to walk to the tv to see anything. The channels are not prominent enough. After finishing Steve Jobs bio today,it reaffirms the brilliance of his/Apple's attention to detail. clearly Verizon could benefit from reading Apple's human interface guidelines.
Dugong
Enthusiast - Level 2

Personally I think Dish network had the best interface for simplicity. Not to mention 2 room DVR!

You know picture in a picture?

I can live with the new interface but the Channel bar is enormous.

Being able to control the size would be a big help.

Especially so that it does not cover up the scroll most channels I watch use.

The Guide itself is ponderous to scroll through and slow to react.

while I am at it, whats up with the History channel shopping coming up out of nowhere?

Are you trying to irritate customers?

mejustme2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally agree!!! For us color blind people it is USELESS!!! White letters on a very light background is IMPOSSIBLE to see!!! You people DO realize that 90% of men have some degree of red/green colorblindness, RIGHT?!!!

I also don't like the Widget not remembering what I did last, this darned having to scroll thru to what I want EVERY TIME is dumb, stupid and not well thought out!!!

Justin46
Legend

@mejustme wrote:

I totally agree!!! For us color blind people it is USELESS!!! White letters on a very light background is IMPOSSIBLE to see!!! You people DO realize that 90% of men have some degree of red/green colorblindness, RIGHT?!!!

I also don't like the Widget not remembering what I did last, this darned having to scroll thru to what I want EVERY TIME is dumb, stupid and not well thought out!!!

1) I don't understand your color issue. I am male and red/green colorblind and I have absolutely no problem reading the Guide or any of the Menu or popup pages. The text is clear for me, and the contrast is just fine, the background is most definitely not light. Do you have an HD TV or SD TV? What TV mode do you have defined in the STB? How do you have the Guide set? What model STBs do you have? Which specific menus or popups are difficult to read? It is very possible you do not have your setting set properly for the environment you have.

For example, here is what I see for the Guide on my HD TV with an HD DVR:

What is difficult to read in that picture?

2) I believe the Widget issue is a temporary bug. My STB remembered the last used Widget for quite a while, only recently has it gone back to displaying the default every time. And I think the problem only exists in some VHOs, not all. Presumably it will eventually get fixed.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
ectoplasm1

If anyone from Verizon is reading this (ARE YOU ?), I must agree with the postings here.

The navigation and menues on the fios tv listings are atrocious. The controller/menu 

interface is unbelieveably complicated and cluttered.

I work with adobe aftereffects, photoshop, final cut pro am adept with using HTML and

am not tech challenged but that fios interface is truly the pits.

TIME WARNER in comparison has terrible service and picture quality but one thing I can say about them is the menu/controller

experience while not great IS FAR FRIENDLIER THAN VERIZON'S.

Can you PLEASE try to streamline the experience ?!? It's the biggest drag about fios.

0 Likes