Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
Debaclerx1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't care what the reason they want to charge for on demand. I'm on hold canceling now. Wanted to post before I did. They said they will be charging from now on and nothing they can do. Some kids shows are 5.49? No thanks

Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
JerryK3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted and complained a couple of weeks ago about not only the new VOD interface, but the outrageous configuration of new charges (some episodes of a series free; other requiring payment). I was told that there is a known glitch in the system, that was being worked on. I have not yet seen any positive results of that.

Last evening it appears to have gotten worse, as dollar signs are appearing on shows from Premium channels as well as the networks. Can't say that I really care who is responsible for these problems. What I do care about, is that I'm either being asked to pay twice for the same programming and service, or I have to spend way too much time getting relief.

Verizon really needs to address this issue, sooner rather than later. Either get the technical aspects fixed, or put out a policy statement with a change of terms. It will be better for all involved, including Verizon, that we have the opportunity to make informed consumer decisions.

ghkokapell
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was thinking the same thing.  I may start looking at other cable companies.  This is ridiculous that we now have to pay to watch certain episodes of tv shows. 

new on demand system
gotpuppies
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why are there now $ signs on network TV shows?

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did  you read the previous post where someone compared Verizon for with another provider and found they were both showing the same episodes having a charge?

0 Likes
Re: new on demand system
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

These are episodes the content providers have decided to charge for.

New vod menus combine free and paid episodes together.

0 Likes
gotpuppies
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I am also having problems with Verizon. Just signed a two year bundle at a little over 200.00 a month. Went in to watch on demand, $ signs everywhere, even on pay channels. Verizon told me it was the networks. Found out it's NOT the networks, it's Verizon. This is "double dipping". As far as I am concerned they are in breech of the contract I just signed. This IS NOT what I signed up for. I will not pay to on demand network TV or channels I pay for. Contacted comcast which is part owner of NBC and was told this is Verizon only. Switched today, same price for what I have for 2 years PLUS free DVR and voice actavated remote. I do not like being misled by my cable provider. They have just lost a customer of 6 years. I will be charged for breaking contract but the 200.00 Visa gift card I got for switching will help cover that.

Paying for on demand episodes of Major Crimes
KC110
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can someone explain to me why I wound have to pay for on demand episodes of Major Crimes?  Major Crimes is on TNT which is not a premium channel.  Is there a way I can watch an episode without paying? Also I hate the new format for on demand. Verizon charges enough without charging for on demand for network tv.

on demand
olddude63
Enthusiast - Level 1

When did we start having to pay for on demand episodes of TV shows?

Re: on demand
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

When the content providers  started charging for them.

One of the things that makes this more obvious is that the latest VOD menus puts the pay episodes in the same folders as the free ones.

0 Likes