Re: On Demand
Heddenup
Enthusiast - Level 2

What you are saying is not true. When I look at my verizon contract for my paid channels such as STARZ and HBO, it actually says FREE ONDEMAND ANYTIME, ALL THE TIME. Yet through Verizon's on demand interface, I am unable to watch ANY past episodes without paying an additional fee. My CONTRACT states that it is free any time all the time, yet verizon changed the terms of my contract without notifying me. I'm still paying the same amount and receiving less service. It is double dipping and they are clearly lying about every single network charging additionally. The whole point of having paid channels such as STARZ, HBO and SHotime is to be able to get the content. I ALREADY PAY FOR THESE CHANNELS. Don't even get me started about being charged 1.99 for regular network in season shows. I CAN GEt ALL OF THE CONTENT FREE ONLINE. So it's clearly verizon. I guess we should cancel our cable subscriptions, get rid of our tvs and watch everything online. 

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

I used ti to love Verizon Fios and now I can't wait to get away from them. 

I wonder if the cash and all this bad blood will be worth it for them. 

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

I'm looking at Hulu for when I switch. Need to figure that out. 🙂

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

FYI, writing to the attorney general is really easy. They have a "fraud" page and that's  where you can submit your report. 

0 Likes
The rising additional OnDemand fees for watching TV Series!
GrandmonG
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay, I've waited too long to voice my opinion on this but here goes. I AM FED UP WITH VERIZON CHARGING AN ADDITIONAL $2.99 TO RENT (or $40-50 to BUY) a TV Series  on OnDemand that I am alreadly paying for monthly! I thought OnDemand was just that...I could "catch up" with certain series that I have previously missed when I (I repeat...I) wanted to watch them. Don't you guys at Verizon make enough money without nickel and diming your customers FURTHER to utilize OnDemand. This is definitely a robbery right out in the open and I, for one, think it is inappropriate and soooo OBNOXIOUS! Verizon, you should be ashamed of yourself! And also, why I am on the subject or maybe this is another subject altogether...Now that Verizon is not providing its customers email access, will a DEDUCTION be reflected in our bill...I THINK NOT!

Re: The rising additional OnDemand fees for watching TV Series!
jonjones1
Legend

@GrandmonG wrote:

Okay, I've waited too long to voice my opinion on this but here goes. I AM FED UP WITH VERIZON CHARGING AN ADDITIONAL $2.99 TO RENT (or $40-50 to BUY) a TV Series  on OnDemand that I am alreadly paying for monthly! I thought OnDemand was just that...I could "catch up" with certain series that I have previously missed when I (I repeat...I) wanted to watch them. Don't you guys at Verizon make enough money without nickel and diming your customers FURTHER to utilize OnDemand. This is definitely a robbery right out in the open and I, for one, think it is inappropriate and soooo OBNOXIOUS! Verizon, you should be ashamed of yourself! And also, why I am on the subject or maybe this is another subject altogether...Now that Verizon is not providing its customers email access, will a DEDUCTION be reflected in our bill...I THINK NOT!

Although I think people should vent and it's good for the soul.

it does no good to go vocal on a peer to peer forum used for helping each other.

do you have any problem other than sounding off about something no one here can do anything about?

oh well.....😊

GrandmonG
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry about that. But I wasn't sure just exactly where to post my frustration. It's my first actual post so if you can "help" me in redirecting it that would be greatly appreciated.

jonjones1
Legend

@GrandmonG wrote:

Sorry about that. But I wasn't sure just exactly where to post my frustration. It's my first actual post so if you can "help" me in redirecting it that would be greatly appreciated.

I would call 1-800-VERIZON and ask for a physical address to send a letter of your complaint.

or you could go to http://www.verizon.com 

click on contact us, then use the link to send an email or a letter to Verizon telling them of your displeasure.

many options. 

Good Luck

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Heddenup wrote:

What you are saying is not true. When I look at my verizon contract for my paid channels such as STARZ and HBO, it actually says FREE ONDEMAND ANYTIME, ALL THE TIME. Yet through Verizon's on demand interface, I am unable to watch ANY past episodes without paying an additional fee. My CONTRACT states that it is free any time all the time, yet verizon changed the terms of my contract without notifying me. I'm still paying the same amount and receiving less service. It is double dipping and they are clearly lying about every single network charging additionally. The whole point of having paid channels such as STARZ, HBO and SHotime is to be able to get the content. I ALREADY PAY FOR THESE CHANNELS. Don't even get me started about being charged 1.99 for regular network in season shows. I CAN GEt ALL OF THE CONTENT FREE ONLINE. So it's clearly verizon. I guess we should cancel our cable subscriptions, get rid of our tvs and watch everything online. 

I doubt if the contract (A very specific thing, different from some of the offering material) actually says what you say.  However the actual contract I had (I am now Frontier) clearly says they can change terms at any time.

As far back as I remember their were some VOD that was free and some that was pay.  The problem now is they are all mixed together.

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Please see all the other posts. We are mostly in agreement. 

I think all all we can do is 

write to the attorney general (fraud page as this is charging us twice)

write to the better business bureau 

and if all else fails find another provider

hope that was helpful 😊

0 Likes