Re: Please....stop with the menu colors
slotr1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should have taken comcast's offer to buy the fios contract out. This guide change is another reason I will be done with fios in 3 months. First I have to buy a remote, ads about fios popping up and now a freaking guide that gives a person a headache when you scroll through it. What ever happened to keeping a customer happy?

0 Likes
Re: Guide Colors
sopo2469
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone with Verizon going to respond to customer request to save us from the HORRIBLE program guide colors?  I have placed numerous complaints and not one has received a response.  It's pretty sad that is the customer service we can expect from Verizon, very disappointing.

0 Likes
missdsl

I agree, I CANNOT READ THE MENU NOW!!

0 Likes
Improved FIOS website
Netmouse
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just revisited the FIOS website and found it improved.  That annoying pop-up that kept asking for my mobile phone number is gone, finally.  It is more clear to find the Watch FIOS TV Listing.   Much better, and easy to use to program DVR shows. 

Would prefer, however, not to have a black color screen and white type,  it is hard on eyes.  Would also be great for the bookmark to open to what the bookmark was created from and not stop at the main logon page - my bookmark is the TV Listing with a Favorite selection, and I have to re-click to re-do.

0 Likes
fios guide display changes
Alex19801

I'm trying to get use to the new guide display changes but I can't. It's like my eyes cant seem to adjust to the new colors or something. I find it literally gives me a headache while searching in the guide for several mins. I see several posts on this but couldnt find what I was looking for. Will Verizon be reverting the changes or developing the functionality for a user to choose b/w old and new guide displays?

Thank You.

0 Likes
Re: fios guide display changes
iDShaDoW703
Enthusiast - Level 3

I must be in the minority as I actually prefer the new black menu scheme.

I had read that the Quantum TV menu uses the old color scheme and was disappointed when I hooked up the Quantum boxes I just received and saw that it was true.

Hopefully they add in the option for people to choose between the two; waiting for them to release an update for Quantum TV menu myself...

0 Likes
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have re-arranged two rooms in our house and in the process had to totally unplug the FiOS Quantum boxes (not the media server).  Now on THOSE TWO TV's ONLY the guide is completely blurry.  TV quality is still good BUT the guide is almost UNREADABLE!!!  The other TV's in the house are crystal clear on the guide BUT the two we completely unplugged are almost impossible to read.  Scared to death if we have to unplug any of the others.

WHAT HAPPENED AND WHY?????????  The guide was bad enough to start with but now being that bad AND BLURRY it's TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3

FIXED!!!!  MANY MANY THANKS FOR MOHSIN AT VERIZON!  It seems that some boxes do not retain the 1080i setting when they are powered off.  Set the video to 1080i, turn box off, turn it back on and resets to 480p.  Found that going into the OSD screen (new remotes with system on, hit STB then OK then MENU quick after one another) and on diagnostics screen scroll down to video, when highlighted, click right arrow until it shows 1080i and then hit OK.  Exit to exit OSD and the video setting HOLDS and menus are crystal clear!!!  WOO WOO!!

jcw308

I chatted with Verizon tech support today and they said there is no way to go back to the previous menu OR cange the theme or fonts. I told them I was going back to Comcast if they didn't fix this mess. It's absolutely horrible!

0 Likes
JoDee3

I completely agree. I cannot tell what channel I am on.

0 Likes