Re: Press "c" to watch in HD option is gone.
JRolon
Enthusiast - Level 1
Forwarding guide to 3/30 also worked for me. Everything back to normal. Thanks!
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@AKG wrote:

All

Not all channels have been impacted...to check if your series has been impacted go to DVR -> Series Manager -> Highlight the series . In the right pane for the show if you see the channel # as 0 -- this means you are impacted.

None of my series showed channel # as 0 but everything for this week that had been in the schedule earlier today were no longer there.

Now that the server has been updated the scheduled recordings are now in the list to be recorded.

Thanks for the update.

0 Likes
Cmerejo
Enthusiast - Level 1
Life is good again, thank you so much!!!
0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

If this ever happens again go to Menu, then Customer Support,  then In Home Agent,and down to Reboot STB. When you click on Reboot STB this will be corrected. This also corrects many other problems you have. Once the blue progam description that comes on when you first change a channel would not go away. I rebooted the Set-Top Box and it was fixed.

Holly

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Holly1 wrote:

If this ever happens again go to Menu, then Customer Support,  then In Home Agent,and down to Reboot STB. When you click on Reboot STB this will be corrected. This also corrects many other problems you have. Once the blue progam description that comes on when you first change a channel would not go away. I rebooted the Set-Top Box and it was fixed.

Holly

NOT TRUE!

The only reason it worked is because Verizon made an update the server side.  I tried that before posting and it did not fix the issue.

0 Likes
ESN612
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I tried fast forwarding the guide through 3/30 and while it did seem to fix the issue of the HD "icons" not showing up in the guide data, none of the shows that I had manually re-programmed yesterday to record actually recorded.

So here's the chronology.  Yesterday around noon I noticed none of my Sunday night shows were in the scheduled recordings list (and Sunday night is a busy night for my DVR).  So rather than messing w/ the season passes in the series manager, I just manually went in to the guide and selected the shows I wanted to record (I did NOT do manually recordings based on time and channel).  So Walking Dead, for example I set to record at 11:30 instead of the usual 9pm since I wanted to watch some basketball.

Then I came across this thread around 10 pm.  I did the guide fast forwarding through 3/30 and while the HD icons reappeared in channel info, my scheduled recordings didn't change (I thought I may all of a sudden get duplicates since the regular series manager would be refreshed on top of the manual recordings I had set up earlier in the day).  So I figured whatever - my shows would record on Sunday based on the selections I made earlier in the day and later days in the week looked fine (Justified for example was always set to record on Tuesday).  Interestingly, my scheduled recordings for all subsequent days this week never seemed to be disturbed, even when I first discovered the problem yesterday, they were listed.  It was just Sunday that was screwed up.

Well around midnight I notice that Walking Dead hadn't recorded (it was supposed to start at 11:30).  I check the history and it said something about the recording not happening because I changed the channel.  But I was only recording one show at that point (or I should say, supposed to be recording) and I had the other channel fixed to the basketball game I was watching at the time.  So no channel changing and only two tuners needed.

So I chalked it up to the fact that I fast forwarded the guide AFTER I had programmed Walking Dead to record earlier that afternoon and that somehow my 11:30 walking dead recording got confused or overwritten.  So then I decided to re-record Walking Dead at 1 am.  And also re-record Californication and Eastbound & Down around midnight or so.

Well I checked the DVR this morning and none of those three shows had recorded.  So I'm starting to worry that something is really wrong b/c the DVR won't even record a one off show when I select it from the guide (this all after I had supposedly fixed the issue by fast forwarding my guide to 3/30).

Sorry for the long winded post but wanted to lay out the exact sequence of what happened.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Everything that is supposed to record for the rest of this week is in my scheduled recordings list (and always had been) but I'm less than confident it will all actually record.

And separately, our other DVR (my wife's) had her entire week of scheduled recordings not show up earlier in the day.  I didn't trouble shoot hers further but it seems like both of our DVRs were impacted to some degree.

0 Likes