QIP 7232 - autotune?
cgott42

Is there a way for me to set the box to tune what's on the screen to a specific channel at a certain time.  I have a PC capture card hooked up to archive my recordings - however when I schedule a recording on the Verizon HDDVR  - although it records the program just fine, it doesn't change what's on the screen, so the capture card only captures whatever channel was left on previously).  I think this is called Autotune".  And used to be standard in the boxes.

If not is there a different HD-PVR which has this feature?

thx

0 Likes
7 Replies
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

If you have IMG 1.9 you could try setting a reminder (now available on DVRs).  This should cause the viewed output to change to the program you have set the reminder for.  If there are 2 sgows recording on the DVR this may present a conflict and not sure if the DVR recording or the reminder would be honored (there are only 2 active tuners in the DVR).

0 Likes
cgott42

thanks,

how do I switch to IMG1.9

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@cgott42 wrote:

thanks,

how do I switch to IMG1.9

You can't -- it's an upgrade pushed by Verizon.  I believe there's only one area not yet upgraded -- MY/MA/etc.

0 Likes
cgott42

My zip code is 10977 (NY)

do I have it?

If so, where can I see the option to set the "reminder" function - as I didn't see it last time that I looked.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

NY (metro) does not have the upgrade yet -- probably will occur towards the end of November, per other reports on various forums.

0 Likes
cgott42

After the upgrade, can you set the autotune via the verizon web based DVR controls?

As that's what I'd be looking to do (i.e. set the STB to turn to a specific channel on the actual screen while I'm on the road (I have my PC capture card set to record basically 24/7) )

thx

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

I just tested the reminder function (in IMG 1.9a).  I left the reminder on the screen and did not select it or dimiss it.  At the program time, the STB switched to the channel.  In the case of two scheduled recordings and a reminder, I suspect the recordings will occur and the reminder will not switch -- just like when you're watching a third channel and two recordings are to begin and you ignore the prompt.  The STB switches to one of the scheduled recording channels.

0 Likes