My contract is up in a few months and I'm going to xfinity just because of this outrageous change to the guide. It's not unusual for the developers to change for the sake of change just to justify their jobs, regardless of how lousy the change is. Then they lie and say "We did it in response to customers requests".
What happened to the channel logos in the online guide? All that is there is a TV logo. How do you get the individual logos back? I can’t tell what the channels are.
Normally when you roll out new features you expect improvements. The latency in the new guide is ridiculous, it takes so long for the STB to respond that I often double-press the remote thinking it didn't receive the first command. There is also no excuse for REMOVING features, such as:
- The chapters function for recorded videos
- Skip forward 6 (or 4?) hours in the guide (you can still skip to the next day but that isn't as useful if it's morning and you want to see what's on in the evening)
I made an account just for this thread too.
As years go on, we get updates and changes pushed out to our boxes and sometimes I like them and sometimes I don’t... but none of them have negatively impacted my viewing experience as much as this has.
- The color coding in the guide is gone, making it difficult to differentiate between TV Shows, Sports, Movies, etc.
- This is exasperated by the fact that there’s no logos for TV channels anymore on the left side of the guide. Now it just gives a generic “TV” icon, and the channel number. I haven’t memorized channel numbers since digital guides became a thing almost 20 years ago.
- The latency isn’t the best, but I could look past this since it’s naturally going to happen as we get new software updates on aging hardware.
Comeon guys, even when we had the “TVGuide Channel” before we had digital boxes they would color-code their programs too. Every digital cable provider since then has done the same — because it works. Why Verizon decided to remove this key functionality in 2020, I’ll never understand. Surely Verizon had to have received this same feedback when they tested the update, but they did it anyway.
Please bring back color-coded programs in the guide along with the channel logo. I can get used to the other changes, but this is very frustrating.
After the most recent guide 'upgrade' the logos for each channel all default to "TV" (see attached image). This omission makes the guide virtually useless for finding channels.
i have rebooted both the router and the DVR boxes to no avail. Is there another option?
This post is marked as “Solved”. What does that mean. Every single complaint is completely true. I used to praise the Fios GUI over Cable to my customers. This update is terrible. Go back to the old or update this trash ASAP! It has truly become un-enjoyable!
Re. "We apologize for any inconvenience this update may have caused. Our release products go through testing sessions with customers just like you before the products are launched. The feedback you have provided has been shared with the team for further analysis."
Obviously not. Either that, or you really need to replace your UX design team. There's no way the last two "updates" would have made their way through any kind of serious customer testing. (And have you ever heard of alpha & beta testing?)