Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Athenea
Enthusiast - Level 1

The top line of this issue says "SOLVED".  Complete and utter fraud.  It is not solved - not even worked on that we can tell.  The DVR in general, and the GUIDE in particular are the worst implementation I have ever seen.  Since no one at Verizon appears to be listening, not sure what escalation is available other than voting with our feet ... With all of the interest in dropping cable TV for streaming outlets, you'd think they might pay a little attention to something other than their navel.

Kalik1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in VHO5, using the FiOS One box and received the 7.8 update...everything is working fine but one of the new features is not working...when using the Guide the 2 hour skip ahead feature is not working...I'm using the older remote and not the newer voice remote

I tried unplugging the cable box, going into the Settings and resetting the box and it still doesn't work...anyone else having this issue and is there a way to fix it?

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Fios IS listening, that's why they posted a solution, to get people to click on it to see that they are working on it. It takes a while for a huge company to turn around software that was long in development, and has been put in place to facilitate future upgrades to the system. It **bleep** that it didn't work out of the box, but I know engineers are working on fixing the bugs, and 7.8 is just the start. And I am NOT employed by Verizon, or anyone for that matter.

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

There should be a million voices. Sadly, there are not.

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

REALLY?

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bristollucy wrote:

REALLY?

REALLY!

stingme
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also, since debut of this new guide and all of it’s issues, the guide listing freezes constantly!!

PaQuilter
Enthusiast - Level 2

We’ve had Fios since it first became available in our area of Pennsylvania but this last update has really tried our patience.  It lags so much, the guide is hard to read and Hubby is not happy with the changes.  He wants me to cancel our service.  We hoped that by now Verizon would have fixed all the bugs from the Sept 2020 update but it looks like no one is listening to all of our complaints.  I’m just glad I haven’t renewed our contract again.  It’s a shame too because Fios was the best for years.  Looks like 2021 is going to be the year of many changes.

WaltN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hmm.  So there's a 7.8?  Is this reserved for FIOS TV One?  I still have 7.5 and it's late December.  I have the Arris 1100 multi-room DVR.  Agree with all that the OP and others have said that this update is trash and does not appear to have been tested.  If it WAS tested, it must have been tested by the developers.  Either that, or Verizon decided to use their customers as testers.  I won't itemize the issues; already been done.  I'm just a bit shocked and disappointed that a company the size of Verizon would foist this off on its customers in this condition.  It will cost them in the long run.

Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
WRKPA
Enthusiast - Level 3

When are they bringing the colors back? I've seen Comcast and Direct TV, both use the colors to differentiate the various shows! Verizon's guide in one word, **bleep**!