TWC Sports Net?
Lakerfan2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know if Fios is going to pick up the new Time Warner Cable Sports Network come October 1, 2012?  I really don't want to pay the termination fee in order to switch to Time Warner Cable just so I can catch the Laker games in Southern California. I've actually been pretty content with Fios and would hate to switch.

1 Solution
LakerZombie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seriously.

I really hope the flood gates open now and every cable / sat provider wise up like Charter and gets a deal done before they start losing customers.

Your turn FIOS, please get a deal done in the next few days.

We want our Lakers!

View solution in original post

273 Replies
azulfan43
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well my contract expired this month so unless verizon signs a contract  with TWC you can kiss this customer goodbye..Get it done VERIZON you have 1 month.

AngrySoCalFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Get the channels now Verizon, or we're gone! If the Pac-12 network is any indication as to what will happen with the Lakers channels with Verizon negotiating, we wont be seeing any games this year. Ive missed multiple USC and UCLA games already because Verizon could care less about its customers. Im just about fed up and ready to leave. 

0 Likes
lefty-28
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon needs to reach a deal to broadcast the Laker channel. I am already missing the PAC12 network on fios.

If this is not completed by mid October I will have to think of changing services.

PAC-12FAN

THE SAD THING IS THAT BY THE TIME VERIZON MANAGEMENT DOES EVENTUALLY ADD TWC SPORTSNET AND THE PAC 12 NETWORK, THEY WILL HAVE ALREADY LOST THOUSANDS OF CUSTOMERS WHO WON'T BE BACK.  WE WILL HAVE ALREADY SIGNED 2 YEAR CONTRACTS WITH TWC OR DISH.   

THIS IS WHY CORPORATE AMERICA SUCKS.  THEY CAN'T SEE THE FOREST THROUGH THE TREES.  RATHER THAN TRY TO RETAIN THE CUSTOMERS THAT WILL MAKE THE SWITCH WITHOUT HESITATION, THEY WILL END UP SPENDING THE MONEY TO ADD TWC SPORTSNET AND PAC-12 NETWORKS FOR THE CUSTOMERS THAT MAY OR MAY NOT SWITCH. 

WAKE UP VERIZON!!!!   ADD THEM NOW.  

0 Likes
AngrySoCalFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another call today, and yet another blanket response by the rep..."were in negotiations and cant comment"..."we know as much as you do about the status"... I am seriously starting to doubt whether this will get done at all. I pay ALOT of money to watch sports and I expect to be able to watch the Lakers, USC Football and UCLA when the game are played, PERIOD. How pathetic, people of LA county cant watch their major sports teams, but have the BIG 10 network, the Golf Channel and the Tennis Channel, not to mention the dedicated Texas Longhorn Network. Give me my Lakers or I'm gone.

0 Likes
Gjerrus
Enthusiast - Level 1
Anybody hear any news regarding the TWC carrying the Lakers games? I ve been doing some reading regarding it all, I need to find out now so I can cancel my Verizon service & get a network in here that carries what I need in time for the season. This is the most exciting season as a Lakers fan in decades. I refuse to miss anything. Verizon FIGURE IT OUT!! LAKERS NATION
chaunce
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon has said nothing.

What that shoud tell you is that they aren't trying to work out a deal or care at all about customers that want this channel. Maybe it's a business decision and that is fine, or they think people don't care. Either way, not saying anything at all is shady business and it's obviousl

If they don't get it soon there is only one thing we can do and that is switch.

AngrySoCalFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

You may want to start looking at other options...Verizon continues to deny their customers and info on if or when they will get the channels. They've done the same thing with the PAC-12 Network and yet they still dont have it. I've missed 4 USC and UCLA games already, but yet when I call Verizon, they still tell me their negotiating...They will do the same thing with the new Lakers channel unless people continue to flood them with calls and emails asking about it. Make sure you call them and visit www.iwantmylakers.com ... The first preseason game is Oct. 7 and if I cant watch that on my FIOS I will seriously consider leaving, though I dont want to.

0 Likes
AngrySoCalFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you are upset about Fios not having the new Lakers TWC channel, please do your part to make your voice heard by signing this petition, which will be sent to Verizon when we get enough signatures. So far over 60 people have signed in 3 days..

http://www.change.org/petitions/verizon-fios-add-twc-sportsnet-lakers-channel

0 Likes
lakersFan1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I WANT MY LAKERS!!! VERIZON FIOS NEEDS TO CARRY TIME WARNER SPORTSNET. IF NOT I WILL CHANGE VERIZON FIOS TO TIME WARNER IN A HEART BEAT.. HARDCORE LAKERS FAN.

chaunce
Contributor - Level 1

Time is almost out. Without the channel or at least some type of update i am cancelling.

i suggest all of you do the same.

dstmccoy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

PLEASE ADD THE LAKERS' TIME WARNER CABLE SPORTSNET CHANNEL!!

The Lakers have a new exclusive television channel that will provide all of their broadcasts excluding national broadcasts on TNT, ABC and ESPN. The new channel is called Time Warner Cable SportsNet and will be launched on October 1st. The channel will carry ALL HOME AND AWAY GAMES except for the handful of nationally broadcast games and will be the ONLY channel to do so! KCAL-9 and FOXSPORTS WEST WILL NOT carry the games any longer; they lost their contract.  It is IMPERATIVE that you add this channel before the Lakers pre-season begins in October...preferrably when the channel launches on October 1st!

tvsports
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't forget Pac12

LakerZombie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon essentially wants to make sure they're not paying more than say a Direct TV or Dish or any other cable provider for the rights to include TWC Sports Net in their lineup

Thats really all this is. 

TWC  are a business and as such are out to make profits. But i have to say this kind of tactic does not make me want to switch to TWC simply to watch laker games.

I'm sure you will get your $$$ once Verizon eventually agrees to how much you want to charge them but I will not be switching to TWC now or in the future. I know that some people will undoubtedly make the switch and you will get new customers but I will not be one of them. Yes you will get my money for the channel but not for your service. 

#fail

{please keep your posts courteous}

F21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Everybody, I posted a reply regarding this at the Verizon Idea Exchange portion of the forums.

Here is the link: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/ideas/article-id/17261/page/1#comments

Please go to the link above and vote up the topic and reply if you want TWC Sportsnet carried by Verizon FIOS TV!!!

I also found this on the Lakers fan site Lakers Topbuzz:

Arash MarkaziVerified โ€@ArashMarkazi

DirecTV rep told me, "We plan to carry TWC SportsNet in a way that is affordable for everyone." Not sure when, but they'll have a deal.

https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status ... 1679250433

Here is the direct link to the Lakers fan site: http://lakers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-42402-start-250.html#732016

So it looks like DirecTV will be an option if Verizon does not get a deal done and you don't want to switch to Time Warner Cable.

AngrySoCalFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes it seems that we will have to switch from VErizon to DirecTV or Time Warner itself. I cannot miss my Lakers or USC/UCLA Football anymore. I've had enough. I pay $140 a month to watch sports LIVE as they happen, and thats it! My life revolves around sports. I know Im not alone either. Verizon is kidding itself if they think ppl in so cal will let this slide. 

roberts0690
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anybody hear if Verizon is able to get the new Time Warner channel for the lakers games???

JasonHay87
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im wondering the same thing. I hear that Verizon Fios is the only carrier far apart on a deal unfortunately..

AngrySoCalFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have called Verizon Fios twice in the past 2 weeks to find out information on the status of the Lakers new sports channel (Time Warner Sports Network) as well as the new home for USC and UCLA games (Pac-12 Network)...In both instances I was helped by a representetive who stated that Verizon is currently in negotiations to attain the rights to air both those channels. That is as specific an answer you will get out of Verizon. They are not giving any details whatsoever on when or IF they will have the channels before the first Lakers preseason game on Oct. 7. The first day of broadcasting for the new Lakers channel started today Oct. 1. If I am not given more information about the negotiating status after the first missed preseason game, I will cancel my subscription to Verizon Fios. I love the service. It is hands down the best TV service I've owned. However, the reason why I pay $140.00 a month for TV is so I can watch my favorite sports teams (USC, Lakers) LIVE as they happen. I have already missed 2 straight weekends of Los Angeles teams college football games. This weekend was UCLA, and 2 weekends ago was USC. The Pac-12 Network has been broadcasting since August 12. I have just about exhausted my patience. Please Verizon, give me and millions like me a more specific answer as to when you will have both these channels. We live for sports, we need our sports, and we will stop at nothing to get our sports...including switching TV services. PS you can go to IwantmyLakers.com to send Verizon a prewritten request for the new Lakers channel.

fg8
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with your message regarding the Lakers and Verizon. I have been following the lakers since I was in High School. I used to listen to Chick while laying on the floor in front of our stereo over 40 years ago.

To have Verizon and Time Warner make the fans wonder if they are going to carry them on TV is disgusting. If there was an opportunity to go with someone else, I would in an instant. All this is doing is making us dissapointed with verizon and Time Warner. I am now upset with the Lakers who created this mess with Time Warner by giving them an exclusive contract. Where was the thinking about those loyal fans who gave you the money to make this all worth it. Who in the Lakers organization thought once about the effect on the Laker fan.

Come on Dr. Buss, this is not rocket science. Were you so interested in the money that you forgot, like our government, where it was coming from. Have you had a lapse of memory and consideration for the fans. We are the ones who keep you in the multi-million dollar homes and the nice facilities in the Staples Center..

Get this over before you lose long time fans who can remember Chick and those great days.

There are other TV carriers than Verizon and Time Warner. There are other teams like the Clippers, who are a real team as of late.

Watch out you may be killing the goose that gave you the eggs.

0 Likes
NUTZ4IT
Enthusiast - Level 1

To Verizon Fios service provider. You really need to pick up the Lakers channel. I get service from any provider because of local sports teams and is the reason for it. I will NOT go without the Lakers games this year, a possible banner year of all. I promise you this, if you do not pick up this channel, I WILL change services and get what I want. I know I am just one customer, but I also know many of Verizon Fios users that will do the same thing as I. Please get this going.