TWC Sports Net?
Lakerfan2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know if Fios is going to pick up the new Time Warner Cable Sports Network come October 1, 2012?  I really don't want to pay the termination fee in order to switch to Time Warner Cable just so I can catch the Laker games in Southern California. I've actually been pretty content with Fios and would hate to switch.

1 Solution
LakerZombie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seriously.

I really hope the flood gates open now and every cable / sat provider wise up like Charter and gets a deal done before they start losing customers.

Your turn FIOS, please get a deal done in the next few days.

We want our Lakers!

View solution in original post

273 Replies
NUTZ4IT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with you ANGRY, this is a MUST and is exactly why I get service from any provider..... SPORTS!!!!!!!!!

StevieGJD1963
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been unhappy about not having the PAC-12 Network and missing out on so many games so far this year.  But I have been watching every televised Laker game for more than 25 years.  I pay a huge bill every month for Fios, which I generally love.  But their refusal to get the Lakers channel will be the end for me.  I'd rather lose everything else I like about Fios in order to see the Lakers.  They have until the preseason is over for me, then I'm gone.

Please Fios get the Lakers!

0 Likes
xfactor
Enthusiast - Level 3

www.iwantmylakers.com   get on it!

lrg3
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am new to this forum but have noticed that there has been very little response on this issue.  Verizon can ignore its blogs.  I suggest that everyone send individual messages to customer service, faxes to the business office, whatever it takes to really get the attention of the company.  We are not on a contract so we really can leave immediately as soon as we miss a Laker game.  For those of you who are stuck with FIOS, you may want to take stronger action.

reneramirez17
Enthusiast - Level 1

VERIZON NEEDS TO ADD TWC SPORTS NET TO THE LINE UP SOON!!!! SOMETIME THIS FREAKEN WEEK. BECAUSE THIS WILL BE THE LAST WEEK I AM WAITING FOR AN UPDATE OR FIOS TO ADD THIS TO THE LINE UP. I AM NOT WILLING TO MISS MORE THEN A WEEK. PERIOD.

LakerZombie
Enthusiast - Level 3

TWC......give the other cable / sat providers a months free preview to your exclusive Lakers channel. Give the providers a better guage of just how many lakers fans WANT your channel. 

0 Likes
olanmila
Enthusiast - Level 1

I WANT THE LAKER CHANNEL!! THE PRE SEASON IS STARTING!! IF YOU GUYS ARE NOT GONNA CARRY IT THIS SEASON. DO NOT CHARGE US THE EARLY TERMINATION FEES. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. THIS IS THE REASON WHY I HAVE YOU AS A CABLE PROVIDER. TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE LAKER GAMES. PLEASE ADD THE TWC SPORTS CHANNEL....

AngrySoCalFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Clock is ticking... Oct. 7 is first preseason game..that is when people will know whether Verizon is really negotiating or not. If their not going to tell their customers the status of these channels, they dont deserve my $300 bill every month. Its as simple as that. I refuse to be ignored about USC/UCLA/Lakers and soon to be Dodgers when they sign their new TV deal. Verizon is going to be sorry when thousands leave. Go to Change.org and sign the petition for Verizon Fios: Add TWC...

AngrySoCalFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi guys if your really interested in doing all you can to voice your opinion to Verizon about adding TWC Sports Network please click on this link and sign the petition...in 2 days we have 40 plus signatures...join the list please.

http://www.change.org/petitions/verizon-fios-add-twc-sportsnet-lakers-channel

0 Likes
LakerZombie
Enthusiast - Level 3

FINALLY A RESPONSE FROM VERIZON!!!!   

Employee

Kudos

Re: Lakers TV

We're aware of the channel and have been actively engaged with Time Warner Cable over the past several months. Unfortunately, at this time we have been unable to reach acceptable carriage terms for our customers.

A few key things to keep in mind:

1. Verizon has been and continues to be in negotiations.

2. No other provider (other than TWC) has signed a carriage agreement yet.

3. About 1/3 of the Lakers games this season (including the first few games) will be aired on National TV and available to FiOS TV customers.

You can check out the full TV schedule for the Lakers here:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/schedule

And for the Clippers fans out there, you'll still be able to find games on Prime Ticket, channel 577 (HD) or 77 (SD).

A handful of the Clippers games are also nationally televised which means they'll be on NBA TV, ESPN, ABC or TNT instead.

http://www.nba.com/clippers/schedule

chaunce
Contributor - Level 1

lol great response.

basically saying we aint getting this channel or do we care, but you can watch 1/3 of the games this year. What a joke. Seems like they are preparing for not having it instead of preparing the customer that they are going to get it.

Not a good sign.

F21
Enthusiast - Level 2

^^^Agreed, this is borderline hilarious.

BigChicken
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm so glad I left verizon...

GO LAKERS !!!

AngrySoCalFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called again today to tell of my frustrations once more about not being able to watch the premier of the new Time Warner Cable Sportsnet channel. The rep I spoke with gave me the same blanket statement as the other reps in previous weeks. Basically "we are in negotiations and cant comment on them"... I have a feeling Verizon is just sucking the most money they can out of us until finally admitting they wont be getting the channels. If they were going to get the channel, they would already have it by now. I think they owe it to loyal customers who pay well north of $100-300 a month specifically to watch their favorite teams, what the status of the negotiations are. Give us a timetable of when we can expect a deal to be done. You are going to start losing customers fast as the pre season games start rolling. Please give us a different response when we call VErizon. This is important to us. Being unable to watch USC/UCLA/Lakers games is unacceptable. 

Stiggy65
Enthusiast - Level 1

I checked with Verizon and was told no plans are in the works to carry Time Warner Sports.

nonosela
Enthusiast - Level 1

according to the reply email i received from VZN, we are to voice our opinion for LAKERS broadcasting via message boards? OK... take a look at how many replies this thread has and watch it grow to be the largest topic on this website. to think FiOS cant make this deal happen is ludicrous. if other providers gain access, why cant VZN? inconceivable...

VZN, dont insult our intelligence. get this deal done and formally address the people supporting your network. you dont need an online forum to better understand the fact that you need the TWC/LAKERS broadcast channel. LA is the second largest sports market in the country. WE NEED THIS CHANNEL. it would be an extreme disappointment if this doesnt happen soon-

LakerZombie
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently read an article online in which a Direct TV spokesperson atually states that they are indeed going to carry TWC Sportsnet and they are simply working out the best deal they can get for their customers.

Meanwhile nothing from Verizon....

Those of you working for Verizon who read these forums I understand that these are just message boards. And to be honest yes a lot of us are just simply frustrated and just expressing ourselves on here because guess what there isnt much else we the customers can do. As such you have to take into consideration that even just a hint that you are working towards an agreement would do wonders for ALL of us. You would be communicating with your customers and we would appreciate it.

But saying nothing and or worse saying you have "no plans" to carry the channel?

That is not good customer service in my opinion. 

Please update us and let us know that you're at least attempting to provide your customers with a service they want and will gladly pay for.

rere6

The Laker season will be starting soon.  Please tell me that Verizon FiOS will be carrying the new TWC channel.  !!!!!!!!

0 Likes
AngrySoCalFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

No they wont be adding this new Lakers channel. I have called 3 weeks in a row and I've gotten the same answer each time, they are in negotiationg and cant talk about it. They've also said the same thing about the Pac-12 Network and I've already missed 4 USC/UCLA Games this year. Its apparent they use the "negotiating" excuse just to drag out your money coming in.  I would suggest you call them, as well as go to www.IwantmyLakers.com and send them emails. They think you wont leave, but hundreds of customers have already left. They dont realize how many Laker fans their are.

0 Likes
Lakerfan2
Enthusiast - Level 3
Come on Verizon!! How many message boards do we need to start up to get you to be proactive about satisfying your Southern California customers??
chaunce
Contributor - Level 1

the fact is that once the season starts laker fans all over will dump verizon. this is what they may not realize.  It's not like the pac-12 channel which is pretty much isolated and on the west coast in terms of interest. Laker fans are nationwide. This is not a local thing. go and check who the fans vote for as the game of the week most of the time on nbatv. the lakers. with howard and nash coming there is even more interest in following the lakers.

the fact is this, any laker, nba fan will switch over. the other option is not getting laker games? I mean this isn't even debateable. laker fans will not just stop watching laker basketball because their cable company doesn't carry the games. We will go elsewhere.

in terms of a TWC strategy. I doubt it. If this was the case verizon would have made some sort of statement to their customers saying they are trying to get the channel. I mean this is business 101 if you want to keep customers.

they simply don't care at all as of right now and aren't even trying to get it. that is fact. they believe it will not matter.

they will get a rude awakening soon in one of the biggest markets(LA) and nationwide if they don't try and get it.