Two DVR Content Sharing
bossfan5050

I have Fios phone/internet double play and Directv for my TV service.  I am considering changing my D* service to Fios.  One thing that I have with D* is the Whole Home Service where my two DVRs can share the play list and I can pause, rewind, delete, from either DVR despite which DVR has the actual recorded show.  This service is invaluable to me and is a deal breaker if I can't duplicate it with Fios.

So I know that with Fios two DVRs could not share content until the 1.9 software came along.  I have asked phone reps about this and I can't seem to get a clean answer from them.  So what I need to know is if I understand this correctly.  If I get 2 DVRs will Verizon install the correct DVRs with the correct software version 1.9 that will allow DVR contnet sharing?  And do I need to get 2 multi room DVRs or is what I need 1 multi room DVR and 1 regular standard DVR to accomplish what I want to have?

0 Likes
Re: Two DVR Content Sharing
DBahm

You need 2 MutiRoom DVR's.  I also came from DirecTV.  The whole home product is not seemless like it is on DirecTV where you see only one playlist.  The DVR's are listed separately so you have to know which DVR the program is recorded on.  You can watch from any room though.

Verizon is supposedly coming out with a whole house solution this year which is more of client/server setup.

0 Likes
Re: Two DVR Content Sharing
PJL
Master - Level 3

And to answer another of the OP's questions, all newly deployed STBs will have the most current firmware installed.  And if for some pathological reason they don't, when they get activated they will be updated automatically.

I suspect you'll be get same functionality you describe.  See this link for a description. I think what you're looking for is multi-hub service.

0 Likes