Ultimate HD and On Demand Movies
DCJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

We just signed up for Ultimate HD and now get Showtime, The Movie Channel & Epix.  Are we now able to view Showtime, TMC & Epix On Demand Movies for free?  I'm so afraid to watch an On Demand movie because I'm afraid of being charged extra.

I also see Epix has a website where you can watch movies on your computer.  Is this included with the Epix movie channel or does this cost extra.

Thanks,

DCJ

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ultimate HD and On Demand Movies
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

When you subscribe to a channel, that channels VOD is free. Besides if your not subscribed to it it wont let you order it anyway. Just try. Since you dont have HBO, go to HBO on demand and try to order a movie. It'll tell you your not subscribed.

They only time you will pay for a VOD is if the movie has a price. It will be clearly labled. If it has a price, you will pay for it. If no price is listed and it lets you order, its completely free.

Yes, the Epix web site is included with the Epix subscription. No extra money here either.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

When you subscribe to a channel, that channels VOD is free. Besides if your not subscribed to it it wont let you order it anyway. Just try. Since you dont have HBO, go to HBO on demand and try to order a movie. It'll tell you your not subscribed.

They only time you will pay for a VOD is if the movie has a price. It will be clearly labled. If it has a price, you will pay for it. If no price is listed and it lets you order, its completely free.

Yes, the Epix web site is included with the Epix subscription. No extra money here either.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@DCJ wrote:

We just signed up for Ultimate HD and now get Showtime, The Movie Channel & Epix.  Are we now able to view Showtime, TMC & Epix On Demand Movies for free?  I'm so afraid to watch an On Demand movie because I'm afraid of being charged extra.

I also see Epix has a website where you can watch movies on your computer.  Is this included with the Epix movie channel or does this cost extra.

Thanks,

DCJ

Yes, you can view the EPIX VOD for free.  You should always see a prompt to confirm puchase for VOD that isn't free.  Too protect against a mistake make sure to activate a code (in parental controls) for purchases.

I haven't done so but you should be able to access Epix from the web.  Not sure if you use the EPIX site or go through the Verizon site (which you do use for some of the other channels that you can access from the WEB.)

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just confirming what others have said ... with Ultimate you also get the VoD counterparts for Showtime, TMC, and Epix.   And yes, the Epix Online site is included as well ... search for a thread about that on the forums here if you have trouble activating access to it.     There's a specific sequence you need to go thru the get the account created as part of your Verizon subscription.

0 Likes