VMS 1100 not booting
rawhorsepower

Hi all,

Since yesterday 3/27 the vms 1100 when powering up will get to the 4th digit box and the lines will go around and around and stay like that. At the 4th digit box the power on the vms comes on. I checked all the connections. Each time pluging and unplugging the device. I have not tried to reboot the router. I tried unplugging the unit for 30 sec, tried verizon home troubleshooting. My other 2 boxes, which are not vms will only receive a limited number of channels, no on demand, recording, forward or reverse. I cannot run diags on the VMS from these boxes either. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: VMS 1100 not booting
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably a failed box, but a couple of things to try:

Try rebooting one IPC (note you run the risk of it not working either after this).

If it doesn't work, then there is an issue upstream affecting downloads.

If it works ok, then try this

Try a cold boot of the VMS:

COLD INIT

1. Unplug the box.  Wait about 20 seconds.
  2. Plug back in and immediately begin repeatedly pressing MENU on remote until you see the word "run" on the front display
  3. Using the down arrow button, go down until you see "COLD".
  4. Press Ok and the box goes through activation process, including downloading the current IMG software

It that doesn't help, then try

Put an IPC in place of the VMS.

If it works ok (as it does now) then VMS appears to have gone bad.

If it doesn't work, then something has happened to the cable connecting to that location.

If VMS is bad, you will need to contact support.
They may be able to run something remotely or or do some other checks.

0 Likes
rawhorsepower

Hi,

I tried rebooting 1 IPC and it will reboot but work in a limited capacity. I only get a few channels, no on demand or recording.

I read the post a few down from mine and read about the COLD INIT. I tried it with not luck. I also looked at the pdf manual for the Arris VMS1100. I tried to run the diags as they suggested and still have the same problem. I think you are right and the box is bad. I checked and there are no outages for my area. I will keep checking the forum but I will contact Verizon. Not looking forward to that!!!!

Thanks

0 Likes
rawhorsepower

Verizon is sending me a new VMS 1100. Thank you for your input.

0 Likes