What is the latest release for the VMS1100? I have 1.0b. I still have the old style interface. Is there a new update for the VMS1100? Any way to force update if there is? Does the Actiontech have to be first in order to update the firmware?
Here on Long Island our VMS1100 was updated about a week ago to release APR-2.0, Build Number 04.25.
The rollout of the update seems to be happening by geographical location and I don't think there's anyway you can force the update. You'll wake up one morning and it will have happened.
1.0b is ancient. Apr 1.0 came earlier this year and now apr 2.0 is out. I think 2.0 is not out in all VHO's yet, but will be soon.
You may have to do a cold init (lose a bunch of settings but not recordings). As far as the init it will install the latest generally available update for your area.
- Turn on TV
- Unplug the box you need to reset.
- Wait at least 10 seconds and plug the box back in.
- As soon as you plug it in start rapidly pressing the menu button on the remote until the display says RUN.
- Press arrow down on the remote until the display says COLD.
- Press OK
- Wait the 15 minutes or so for the box to complete init
- Make sure to review all your settings especially resetting your parental/purchase keys (too avoid accidental purchases).