VOD error 207 or another message" The service is temporarilly unavailable. Try again Later"
rainman4

I have been unable to rent a movie for 3 months.  Each time I try to rent I either get one of 2 error messages:

VOD Error 207   " VOD request has timed out due to a network issue. Try again later "

or

I get this message with no error code "  The service is temporarilly unavailable. Try again Later "

I can see the movie trailers with no problem

I can also do a VOD movie of HBO, SHOW, or Discovery no problems

It just won't allow me to purchase a movie.

Had a tech out here on Sunday for 2 1/2 hrs and issue is still not resolved.

The local Tech and Phone Techs don't seem to have a clue.

Routers, Boxes, Ont have been rebooted several times

Any suggestions ?

0 Likes
Re: VOD error 207 or another message" The service is temporarilly unavailable. Try again Later&
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: VOD error 207 or another message" The service is temporarilly unavailable. Try again Later&
rainman4

I have been working with a tech who visited my home 2 weeks ago yet the issue has still not been resolved.  I called the tech on his private # tonight to state it was still not working.  He had been told by cust. svc last Thursday that the issue was resolved which it has not been.  He will be following up with me on Tuesday but I am getting tired of waiting.  I beleive this is a back office authorization issue with the account and nothing at my premiss.  Would a senior support rep please contact me at my account contact info or send me an email to the email address on the account with your contact info and I will call you.

Patrick Dowd, Morristown NJ

0 Likes
Jolene11171

I am having the same problem and just spent a half hour plus on the phone with Verizon. They were very helpful. The ran many tests, but none of the tests fixed the problem. They told me that they believe the problem is my router, that is is not giving the correct IP address for my on demand service. They are sending me a new router which is supposed to arrive tomorrow. That is supposed to fix the problem. I will give an update to let you know if this does work.

I am assuming your problem has been fixed by now, but just in case it hasn't you should have your router checked, if you have one. 

0 Likes
Swirly
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told that there was a problem with VOD that was being fixed. I had called them last week reporting this same error, and the tech said there was an issue that was being resolved, but didn't have an ETA for repair. Then, after calling again for another issue, I was told a fix was going to be implemented by June 28, 11:11 AM (that's what the tech said).

I tried watching VOD on Saturday, 6/29, and eveything was fine, so I figured the fix was made. Today, the problem is back again. It's not your router or your DVR, there's a problem with VOD. I think it has to do with fixes they're making in prep for a pending lawsuit (http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=219709&site=lr_cable). The problems are intermittent right now, maybe while they test the system to see if they're fixes work.

Swirly
Enthusiast - Level 3

Right after I posted my last message, I tried VOD again, and now it's working. Problems could also be related to outages in the mid-Atlantic region of the East Coast. But it took a few hours for it to come back up.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes