Verizon Charging for Remote
steveleif
Newbie

20 minutes on hold so I can be told it costs $14.00+shipping for a remote control that actually works.  I send you over $200 a month.  Send me a new remote control right now, gratis, or you will never see another penny out of me.  I mean it.

0 Likes
5 Replies
jonjones1
Legend

@steveleif wrote:

20 minutes on hold so I can be told it costs $14.00+shipping for a remote control that actually works.  I send you over $200 a month.  Send me a new remote control right now, gratis, or you will never see another penny out of me.  I mean it.


Yeah that is a hoot. With Time Warner If our remote acted up we went into the storefront and they just swapped it out. But greed will be greed. 

Hope the rest of Saturday is better for you.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon used to give out free remotes.

Then they limited it to one per stb per year.

And then finally had to stop it. Too many people kept asking.

All you have to do is look on eBay. There are large numbers of them for sale

So because some got greedy, we get screwed.

And I believe some other cable providers charge as well.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

And I believe some other cable providers charge as well.


There may be. However Time Warner/Charter do not. 

In fact you can swap out the set top boxes the same way....no charge.

how Verizon thinking customers were getting greedy on swapping out a bad remote for a working remote is pure stupidity on their part.

Having to have customers purchase them is greed on Verizon’s part. It is the price paid in the course of doing business.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Comcast charges a shipping fee for their replacement remotes.

I have yet to see someone post they went to a FiOS center and were charged for replacement remote.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

Comcast charges a shipping fee for their replacement remotes.

I have yet to see someone post they went to a FiOS center and were charged for replacement remote.


I did not say they charged, the original poster did.

the OP said Verizon wanted to charge him or her. I said cable Time Warner/Charter did not. You said other cable companies did. I gave you benefit of the statement in that they probably did.

I also told the original poster to go to the physical store.

0 Likes