Re: Very slow channel change - intermittant
MapMaker1

Same experience as PhotoFlash. Have 7232-2 DVR. Lock up occurs upon changing to a third channel. Can go from CNN to ESPN quickly, but if then go to ESPN2, then freeze occurs....as if machine is clearing a buffer...

Anyone gotten a reasonable response from Verizon?

0 Likes
bob4281
Enthusiast - Level 2

No.  Over a month with no clear resolution. Bad customer service. I have not called Verizon, because they're unaware of any problems. 

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@bob428 wrote:

No.  Over a month with no clear resolution. Bad customer service. I have not called Verizon, because they're unaware of any problems. 

They, at least as last posted, still don't have a handle on the problem.  Its common apparently but not universal.  I for one don't have it.

But at least one Verizon tech has been asking you to PM him if you have the problem.  http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_TV&message.id=37477#M37477

0 Likes
Re: Random Picture Blackout & Channel Change Delay Issue
psc2
Enthusiast - Level 1

All 3 of my 7232-2 have the initial channel change delay problem for the last few weeks.  The problem only exists if the box is idle for a while like overnight.  I can't quite yet determine what the timeframe is before the problem will recur.  So, this problem is relatively new to me but the short term picture black out is not as I have seen that virtually since the time the boxes first went in 18 months ago.   That issue was being chocked up to a glitch in the fairly sophisticated video distribution system I have in the house.  I've just been living with it. 

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

Anthony, I cannot determine from your post the person to whom it is addressed.  I'm one of the many (11 full pages of posts) customers who have posted on this subject and have encountered issues with Verizon STBs.  I have not been asked to report back, and so far as I can determine, the issue has not been resolved.  Many if not most of the customers in this thread are anxious to learn about the steps being taken to resolve the issue.  Please advise, and thanks for your help.

0 Likes
mikejeep
Enthusiast - Level 2
I am just outside of Boston, and also having the same problems with my 7232. Was great for the first 8 months or so, for the past month we have been having freeze ups and I lost Dolby 5.1. I will PM the moderator who asked us to contact her and cross my fingers that they fix this soon.
0 Likes
nysnowbird92
Enthusiast - Level 2

i guess it was to me.. the only option i have is to have a tech come out and see what i'm describing?  they've done tests on our boxes.. what can they possibly do if they drive out here at some inconvenient time while we're trying to have dinner..  all 3 boxes are slow just like all the other people in the topic describe, and just like in the video i posted..  my boxes and router are at least 5 years old now.. it would cost less to ship out new boxes than to send a technician here so he can say the same..  it can't be the wiring.. i have no trouble with speed of service downloading.. it's just the navigation of the guide.. other commands like entering a password and operating volume all work by remote just fine..  the boxes just will not respond up to par with the guide.

0 Likes
Darko2
If you are having slow channel response on a 7xxx series box I strongly suggest an IR extender. Many things can interfere with the infrared signal coming from the remote to the box. Perhaps if you have a plasma Tv, shiny objects that point towards you inside of an entertainment center, blockage infront of the stb, and surprisingly some light bulbs. This will help you avoid going through box after box and mostly with DVRs losing valuable recordings. You can also try unplugging your box, unplug/ replug your router, then replug your box. But that would be extensive and replacement should be last resort where the extender should fix it.
0 Likes
Darko2

Where I'm reading all of the boxes are slow the main splitter should be reseated. This is on the immediate coax located in a basement, attic, or on the outside of the house at chest level near your outside verizon box or "optical network terminal". If that is reseated and your router reset the issue should be fully resolved. If it resolves and comes back I suggest replacing that splitter or having a technician come out for it. It could very well be a signaling issues if all boxes have the problem.

0 Likes