We want our Me-TV (back)
KatrinaDad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today (2/28/17) host station WJLA (Washington, DC) suddenly and unceremoniously dumped Me-TV, one of our most favorite channels on Fios.  Is there any way Verizon can grab the Me-TV feed from WWBT in nearby Richmond, VA?

109 Replies
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

Here in Maryland we had channel 462 which was DC but we still have channel 460 WBALTV Baltimore METV both showed the same shows. Baltimore still has it on channel 460 METV.

DCGozer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, my parents (south of Baltimore) had both DC and Baltimore stations and now they still have the Baltimore one.  My question is why they got both and we had only the one that is now gone.  Can we request to receive the Baltimore station?

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

No.

Cable providers can only provide local channels based on the contract they sign.

I live just south of Balt in AA County. All the cable companies here offer both.

Same with Howard company.

Don't get all both though.

I don't get WDCA nor WB50 from DC.

Just the Balt version.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

None of the cable companies carry ME-tv.  They all carry a local station,  perhaps WTTG that carries it as a subchannel.

When Verizon will get it depends on negotiaions and then setting up the necessary hardware to link.  Comcast took until 4/21 to add it back.  Unfortunately Verizon almost never comments about such things or dates.  Exceptions are usually when such negotiations break down and Verizon thinks puplic opinion will help them finish a deal.

REMEMBER THESE FORUMS are mant to be peer to pper.  They may be in the last steps of getting the feed or not, no one here knows.  And posts here almost never have any effect.  I think there is a good change they will eventually add it.

0 Likes
jill4life
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am hoping that Verizon will take note and add WTTG 5.3 . I love MeTV watching Perry Mason each weeknight.  I feel out of sorts and can't believe such a popular network is gone.  Really too bad.

2Rob
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been with Verizon one way or another for about 30 plus years. I really never had any problems, until now!! Other networks responded fairly quick to the metv scandal which is gradually becoming a conspiracy theory. Lol. But really apparently there are a lot of people including myself that want me tv back. As I searched the channel lineup there seems to be quite a few open slots. I volunteer with one station now and I use to volenteer at a public access tv station and if there is space on a lineup and the programming is approved they air it. Verizon please give us a hint or something about our favorite METV!!! Either we are or we are not!! 😢

kal7958
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I called the other day I asked if anyone from Verizon ever looks at the Forums.  The person I spoke with said "I'm sure they do."  I'm beginning to wonder.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is generally a peer to peer support forum.

You won't see comments from Verizon here.

And they have said in the past that they do not comment on upcoming stations until a deal is done.

I would think the fact that Comcast is not carrying this channel either (not sure how many others also are not) could mean that it is not just Verizon holding it up.

0 Likes
Churchkeeper
Enthusiast - Level 1

As of 4-21-2017 Comcast will be carrying MeTv / WTTG 5.3 in DC market. How about it Fios?

Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Washington, DC - WTTG (Over the air) 5.3
Washington, DC - Atlantic Broadband 157
Washington, DC - Hardy OneNet 252 / 1252
Washington, DC - Antietam Cable Coming soon
Washington, DC - Cox Cable 804
Washington, DC - Open Broadband Coming soon
Washington, DC - Comcast (Launches 4-21-17) 196
Washington, DC - Comcast - Page County (Launches 4-21-17) 198
Washington, DC - Comcast - Hancock, MD (Launches 4-21-17) 198
Washington, DC - Comcast - Front Royal (Launches 4-21-17) 192 / 202
Washington, DC - Comcast - Luray, VA (Launches 4-21-17) 187
Washington, DC - Comcast - Martinsburg, WV (Launches 4-21-17) 195

0 Likes
Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Instead, today I read that FIOS is discontinuing carrying CNBC starting May 15.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are only dropping it from one of the custom packages that was sports oriented.

the rest of us will keep it.

0 Likes
mybrownsie1
Enthusiast - Level 2

They took it away from me and I don't have a sports oriented package.

kal7958
Enthusiast - Level 2

What's up with Verizon?  Aren't we giving them enough money every month?  

mybrownsie1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My bill just went almost $20 and they took away MeTV.  Comcast subscribers got MeTV back.  What's wrong with you Verizon.  Seriously considering switching.

METV
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want Verizon FIOS to bring back ME TV to its FIOS LINE UP!

msp525
Enthusiast - Level 2
WTTG-5 DC is currently carrying MeTV by antenna, since WJLA dropped them as an affiliate. When I contacted WTTG-5, and asked if MeTV could also be viewed on Fios, they said to contact Verizon. That is now my question. Why can't Verizon Fios bring MeTV to the Fios network - the same way you did when WJLA was their affiliate? If so, how long before it can be done?
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They never answer such questions.  I've seen some such moves done immediately and others taking many months.  Probably has to do with what agreements they have in place with the local channels and if there is space immediately available.

0 Likes
Mikesharper
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, This week Me-TV moved stations in washington DC area (from 7-2 to 5-2) and we lost it on FIOS. Can anyone give an update on when it will be back?  Cox already has it back :-(.

Thanks for any information!

Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

A hotly debated item on these forums.  The basic answer is "Verizon will not say anything until they have actually offered the channel again."  Not even a statement about whether they are in negotiations or not.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe reach out to wttg for comment.

0 Likes