Why are channels unavailable
jayloc

Whenever I try to view Verizon Fios Tv thru my computer or tablet, many of the channels are unavailable. However, using the settop boxes for the home TVs and using the Verizon App on my Android phone, I can access these channels. What is the remedy for correcting the computer/tablet glitch?

0 Likes
Re: Why are channels unavailable
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@jayloc wrote:

Whenever I try to view Verizon Fios Tv thru my computer or tablet, many of the channels are unavailable. However, using the settop boxes for the home TVs and using the Verizon App on my Android phone, I can access these channels. What is the remedy for correcting the computer/tablet glitch?

The app based Fios TV has always had better access than the computer based one. I believe it is a licensing agreement between Verizon and the programmers. You could try installing an Android emulator like Bluestacks on your computer, then download the Fios app to that and run it from there.

iontyre
Enthusiast - Level 1

Kind of a pain, but that worked!!  Bluestacks let me load the FIOS TV app and all my shows are now available.  Thanks!

Whoops, nevermind, it doesn't say they are unavailable till you click to watch something, then you get a License Acquisition error.  GRRRRR!!!!!

0 Likes
Highlander9782

so did installing Bluestacks solve this problem? I'm currently having this problem where some channels say they are unavailable Out of Home even though I'm on my home wifi network and the channels work on the app and TV.  I'm only getting this error watching Fios TV on my desktop PC.

0 Likes
iontyre
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, I tried multiple emulators and none of them actually worked with the Android FIOS TV app.  Verizon needs to get their act together and allow PC access to all programming from home or I will eventually be going back to Comcast/XFinity.  The ONLY advantages with FIOS are I get TCM without additional fees and there are fewer wires because of the wireless TV boxes.  Otherwise I am EXTREMELY unhappy with the service.  I can't even watch my DVR recorded shows from my PC!!! Crazy bad service.

0 Likes