Why does a reset on the DVR delete everything???
dandylion2

I'm getting really frustrated with this service. My home media DVR has frozen two Sunday nights in a row and then reset and all my recordings and program settings were deleted.  This is ridiculous. When I had cable even if my box reset itself everything would still be there.  Is this the way the service is supposed to work? Why doesn't it save my stuff? Now I have to go AGAIN and input all the shows I want recorded and of course, I lost the stuff I DID have recorded.  So far, I am completely disappointed in the mechanicas of FIOS.

DL

0 Likes
Re: Why does a reset on the DVR delete everything???
xmnj2
Contributor - Level 1

That is not normal.  Maybe you should swap out the STB for a new one, instead of dealing with one that constantly reboots and wipes everything.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Yeah, thats definately not normal. No reboot/reset should delete the recorded programs. Only a format of the hard drive should do that. If that is what is happening, I'd call tech support and have them swap it out for you.

0 Likes
bert868

That happened to be one of my DVR's a while back.  I called Verizon up and had a new DVR the next day.  Haven't had any problems since.

0 Likes