Re: bloomberg drop
Queensny2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon needs to rethink this decision. Without a doubt Bloomberg is one of the best channels available on fios. Could be a deal breaker for me. What were the exec's thinking? Sometimes you have to give a little to keep your customers happy.  Bring back Bloomberg TV.

Re: losing access to Bloomberg News
Queensny2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Start watching Bloomberg. You will learn lots!

Re: losing access to Bloomberg News
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Isn't Bloomberg a bsuiness channel?

Verizon is making a business decision just like they did for TWC.

They have to consider what their costs are (keep in mind they pay a fee for every subscriber that has a channel in their package whether they watch it or not as well as there are fixed costs to connect and carry the channel) and look at the number of sunscribers who actually watch.

Then make the decision of how much they may lose if the drop and some subscribers leave.

And also take in to account that a large number of subscribers have fixed pricing. So if they accept too many increased charges before they can increase subscriber rates, they can lose money. So even though they may save money when they drop a channel, they may be using those savings to offset increased costs on other content.

Re: dropping bloomberg TV
Hatboro_Bri
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree as well.  I enjoy Bloomberg for most of the day.  Yes I know I can watch on my computer, however I prefer to watch on my TV.  Yes I know I can use an app on my roku to watch some Bloomberg content however then I can't easily go to CNBC during the commercials.  

I am currently exploring my options on what company to take my $250/month to.  

What an incredibly stupid move by Verizon.  I'll be gone soon, I'm so thankful I'm not in contract.

sabrechris
Enthusiast - Level 1

Comcast has Bloomberg TV and Weather Channel

fris
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is very unfortunate.  Please do what it take to get Bloomberg TV back.  Deal with the media integration issues in a mature manner rather than having a Verizon temper tantrum, and pulling the plug on your customers.  This was a high value channel.  Verizon you are wrong on this one.

Bixbyte
Contributor - Level 1

Xfinity otherwise known as Comcast offers Bloombergs and The Weather Channel as content on three of their packages and for about the same exact price as Verizon.

I just checked it out.

Well I do not have a choice.

I like Bloombergs Business as an indicator in the night market.

Sorry Verizon, I have to walk away at the end of the year and take Comcast.

Same or similar Price and Verizon tells you your bundle is discounted.

Total Nonsense.

plavi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fios did a great mistake by removing Bllomburg channel. i am going to cancel Fios.

Shame on Verizon

Re: Bloomberg TV
plavi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Shame on verizon for dropping Bloomburg channel

plavi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon does what it want to do. No concern for customers loyalty. Removed bloomburg for profit concern. Time has come to cut cord and move to online