"Press Menu to Watch FIOS TV..."
pfdg31
Enthusiast - Level 3

A week or two ago this message started appearing every time we turn on one of our TVs. It used to occur much less frequently. We have two DVRs and 3 STBs.

Any idea why?

Thanks,

Pete

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "Press Menu to Watch FIOS TV..."
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Replacing an old ONT in conjunction with an Internet speed upgrade is worth considering. Verizon would like to decommission older BPON units and replace them with GPON units.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@pfdg3 wrote:

A week or two ago this message started appearing every time we turn on one of our TVs. It used to occur much less frequently. We have two DVRs and 3 STBs.

Any idea why?

Thanks,

Pete

Sounds like the boxes are turning themselves off based on idle time. Look here and see what the option is set to: Main Menu > Settings > System > FiOS TV One Mini Settings>Auto Power Off. Also make sure the boxes aren't loosing power occasionally when the TV's are off.

pfdg31
Enthusiast - Level 3

Under System, I don't have a "FiOS TV One Mini Settings" option.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which model STBs are present? This sorta reads like the STB isn't consistently turning on when the TV fires up. šŸ¤”

pfdg31
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have two Cisco CHS-435s and three CHS-335s.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 435's user guide is dated Novenber 2009.

https://www.verizon.com/business/support/fios-tv/cisco-chs-435/

Those STBs are quite old. It is possible that the one in question is simply malfunctioning. It should be noted that Verizon no longer supplies/offers Cisco STBs to subscribers.

Verizon will replace all units with the latest models from Arris (formerly Motorola).

Unrelated question: if the STBs are old, the FiOS ONT is likely an older unit. Which model ONT is on-site? šŸ¤”

pfdg31
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I've replaced the DVRs/STBs and router to FIOS One. Nice improvement.

I do have an older ONT. Is it worth replacing that also?

Thanks

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Replacing an old ONT in conjunction with an Internet speed upgrade is worth considering. Verizon would like to decommission older BPON units and replace them with GPON units.