verizon stream soundbar problem
ppgr
Newbie

verizon stream soundbar goes into the circle of death and the only way to fix it is to unplug and re-plug. I'm hoping there will be some kind of software update

0 Likes
Reply
15 Replies
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@ppgr wrote:

verizon stream soundbar goes into the circle of death and the only way to fix it is to unplug and re-plug. I'm hoping there will be some kind of software update


So what's the actual problem you are having?

ppgr
Newbie

Having to unplug and then replug to get back to what I was watching.

0 Likes
Reply
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@ppgr wrote:

Having to unplug and then replug to get back to what I was watching.


Details really help, Are you unplugging power to the soundbar, the Fios box, the HDMI cable, what are you doing? How is this hooked up to your TV? What TV and what port is it attached to? How do you have it sequenced? Is it a Fios one VMS or a mini? Come on, I need details to help!

ppgr
Newbie

It happens on fubo which is about the only streaming service i watch. I don't get fios cable just internet.

0 Likes
Reply
ppgr
Newbie

I have to unplug the soundbar. It is hooked up to the tv via hdmi .

 How do you have it sequenced? Is it a Fios one VMS or a mini? Come on, I need details to help!

It is the new verizon strem soundbar.

0 Likes
Reply
ppgr
Newbie

the soundbar is the one where the hardware is made by bang and olufson and the software is made by verizon.

0 Likes
Reply
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@ppgr wrote:

the soundbar is the one where the hardware is made by bang and olufson and the software is made by verizon.


So you are using the Fubo app in the Verizon Soundbar, and that fails to connect consistently  with your TV? Do you have the same issue with ALL the apps on the soundbar? Can you uninstall and re-install the Fubo app on the soundbar? Does your TV allow you to install the Fubo app in it, and if it does does it drop out there? Did you try any of the links I posted above? Have you tried checking with Fubo support on the issue?

ppgr
Newbie

I watched Netflix all last night and had no problem.I've uninstalled and re-install Fubo and same thing. The tv is just a dumb display.  I will check with fubo forums.

0 Likes
Reply
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@ppgr wrote:

I watched Netflix all last night and had no problem.I've uninstalled and re-install Fubo and same thing. The tv is just a dumb display.  I will check with fubo forums.


It's a pretty good possibility that there is an issue with the Fubo app if you managed to get through a long Netflix session without a problem. Is there any way to get into the Android settings of the soundbar to dump the cache of the Fubo app after you uninstall it? I don't have the soundbar so I can't tell you how to access it, but it could be part of the issue.

ppgr
Newbie

No luck with Fubo solution . I'm just hoping for a sound bar software update that maybe will help with this issue also. I've dumped cache a number of times with no change.

0 Likes
Reply
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@ppgr wrote:

No luck with Fubo solution . I'm just hoping for a sound bar software update that maybe will help with this issue also. I've dumped cache a number of times with no change.


Looks like it's a Fubo problem:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Fubo-TV-freezing-every-few-hours-and-having-t...

https://www.reddit.com/r/fuboTV/comments/i51wva/more_issues_on_samsung_smart_tv/

https://www.reddit.com/r/fuboTV/comments/q5xf8o/buffering_problems/

https://downdetector.com/status/fubo-tv/houston/

I'm assuming you did all these steps from Fubo:

https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-us/articles/360003807912-Common-Troubleshooting-Steps

Also does it happen with all channels on the Fubo app, or just a select few?

You could also try having Verizon billing reset your account.

One other real shot in the dark, where did you download the Fubo app? If it was the Play Store try another source for it.

ppgr
Newbie

doesn't matter what i am watching on Fubo. I will get the fubo app on other than the play store.

0 Likes
Reply
sabrienya
Newbie
bu sorun ip tv slot boyutunda cihaz fişten çekince donuyor düzeliyor 15 dakika sonra tekrar donuyor kilitlenme sorununa neden oluyor 
0 Likes
Reply
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
Reply