Gizmo Watch microphone not working
kschreiber1

Gizmo watch microphone not working. I can person I call but they can't hear me. Also, when recording messages, no sound records. I checked to make sure watch isn't muted and also sound volume turned on. I've turned off and on multiple times. I've reset the watch. I've also deleted app from my iphone and resinstalled. Please help. Thank you.

0 Likes
26 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kschreiber1, I am sorry to learn that the microphone is not working. Is there any damage to the device?

0 Likes

it is no demage to the watch 

0 Likes

it is no damage to the watch 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see you have been having issues with this watch since August 11th. Have you attempted to Factory Reset the watch?

GizmoWatch™ - Factory Data Reset (Powered On)
  1. Plug the GizmoWatch into the charger and turn on the GizmoWatch.
  2. With the device powered on, press the End/Back button to bring up the display.
  3. From the Home screen, quickly press the End/Back button 4 times. ...
  4. From the 'Reset Gizmo' screen, tap the Checkmark icon.

0 Likes
Silv

I have the same issue and reset did not resolve. Are parts available? The mic seems easy to replace. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for completing all of the troubleshooting steps you have done so far in attempting to get the GizmoWatch's microphone back up and running, Silv. When you visit the GizmoHub app that is associated with the GizmoWatch, is there a software update available for the GizmoWatch? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
Herbjd

I have the same issue and tried the reset and checked for updates. The microphone does not work.

is there replacement. Parts for it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Herbjd One of the main features used is the microphone. We can certainly troubleshoot, what is the model? 

0 Likes
Silv

Gizmo watch 2

0 Likes
Silv

I have not heard back with anything else to try 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we are here to help in any way we can. Please send us a Private Note to proceed.

0 Likes
CamyWinder

Hello, I’m also experiencing the same problems and I have attempted to reset the watch and looked for any updates. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, CamyWinder. We are very sorry to hear about any issues that you are experiencing with the microphone on your Gizmo Watch device. We certainly want to ensure that any issues are resolved. When did this first start happening? Can you please describe how you attempted a reset on this device? 

-Brett

0 Likes
Raflo74

Maybe try cleaning out the mic hole if you haven't tried that already? My daughter's Gizmo mic was barely audible. I took a toothpick and cleaned it out. It now works fine. Good luck.

0 Likes
sgz1

I have the same issue with Gizmo Watch 1 and software is current, have done reset, reinstalled the app and cleaned out the mike  with a toothpick ( I think I did that, it was the only hole that I thought it could be). . any other ideas?   I signed up for a support call but it will only call the gizmo (I can't add my cell #) and obviously that won't work.  Please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm here to help, let's look into this. Has watched been exposed to any physical/water damage? When did the problem begin? Please tell me more. 

0 Likes
sgz1

there has been no damage and this has been going on for about 2 weeks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it! We'd like to access your account to better assist you. We've sent you a private message to further continue. - ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
Bsomms5

We are having the same issue. We’re they able to fix the issue? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bsomms5, we are here to work toward a resolution. Please click on the following web page https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-229664/ for steps to ensure all the audio settings are correct. Please ensure the device has been powered off and back on. Does the microphone issue happen on every call? 

0 Likes