Gizmo watch step counter stops working
DEY9447
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have had by daughter's Gizmo2 replaced three times now thinking this step counter issue was a hardware issue.  Each new watch would work for some duration (a day, perhaps a week) and then stop.  Sometimes it would just be stuck on 0 for the day and other times it might count some random number of steps and stop.  To be sure, it is the watch that stops counting and not just the Gizmo app.  The last replacement worked for three weeks before it stated having the problem.  Appears that powering the watch off and back on seems to fix it for some random duration.  Please advise! 

42 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DEY9447, We know the importance of ensuring your daughter's Gizmo is working properly. We're truly sorry to learn that the Step Counter is not working. We know the discontent that can come in receiving replacement devices that have the same issues and apologize for the experience. Please be sure to send us a Private Note if you are still experiencing issues. We'll do all we can to help.  

0 Likes
Garydon0250

We are having the same problem, the watch no longer tracks through the app.  What do we need to do to get it working again.

thanks

gg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we are here to aid you in the best way possible with your GizmoWatch. When did the issue start? What recent changes have you made? Aside from the step counter, any other problems? ~Gilbert

0 Likes
JenniferMomof2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both my kids have a gizmo watch and I’m experiencing the same issue. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JenniferMomof2, we want the step counter feature to work as designed for your GizmoWatch devices. We have sent you a private message so we can further assist. Thank you.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
allisonfertitta
Enthusiast - Level 1

We’re you able to get it resolved?

SarbBen

I am having the same issue. Step counter worked perfectly first few weeks then it doesn't update after a few 100 steps. 

Another issue is the tracking doesn't work, it doesn't update. This beats the whole purpose of this phone. It's a deal breaker. This phone is a piece of garbage. I wish read these forums before purchasing this.

0 Likes
Moen0140

Yup we’ve had this same issue over and over.  Would NEVER recommend these watches to anyone.   It has been a nightmare.  Still need to replace one we just had because the step counter isn’t working.   So disappointing 😕

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want to hear about you having had any experience like this.  It's our goal to turn this around.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

0 Likes
cvn72jeff
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same Issue, somedays it works, others it doesnt.

User94
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have the exact same problem. Multiple watches, turning the feature and phone on and off. It's extremely disappointing for my children who can't understand why their birthday presents don't work. Step counter is basically their favorite feature (in theory.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

User94, as a fellow consumer I have a smart watch and like the step counter feature since it keeps me active all day long. We want this feature to work correctly on the Gizmo device especially if this is your kids' favorite feature. Allow us to gather more details, when did you first notice this issue? Does the watch have any type of damage?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
NICPAY1

My daughter's gizmo2 having the same problems.  We go on same walks, and I show 6,000, and she's like 2,000.  And randomly it shows her across the neighborhood, while she and the watch are next to me. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that your device is not working as needed. Using the GizmoWatch should be able to show updated information. To further clarify when did this first start for you? has the watch been updated recently or have any pending updates? 

0 Likes
Annawgonzales

I have the same issue! We JUST replaced the watch and it’s still a problem. This is SO frustrating! @vzw_customer_support - please help!!

0 Likes
jbrannon85

Same issue here. Stopped counting steps five days ago for no reason. Stuck on zero. Help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sure you would like to get your steps in, jbrannon85. I would love to help. Have you restarted the watch? Are all other apps working on the phone?  -Amber

0 Likes
Lneedleman

I have two gizmos.  Purchased in early march just less than one month ago.  One stopped tracking steps, the other is fine.  I shut them both off at night and turn on during the day.  Please send advice on how to fix this issue.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us We are sorry to read that you are having trouble with your Gizmos and we want to help. Does the device have any damage? Is the step tracker the only thing that does not work? ~Roger

0 Likes
Kemp2010

We are having the same issue with the set counter and my son gets so upset with it. The software is up to date and the power off/on method hasn’t even been working for us. Very frustrated with the device!

0 Likes