CMR Claims Bill for Drop Line
magu

Out of the blue I have been billed by the CMR Claims Dept for 319.64. Apparently a verizon line was cut during routine garden maintenance and I am being billed for the repair work! 

The line was hardly buried more than 2 inches and unmarked as well. I know the wire should have been at least 18 inches deep per National Electric Code 830.47 titled "Underground Network-Powered Broadband Communications Cables Entering Buildings". 

The repair itself took several weeks with the first person simply running a fully exposed line from the side of our house to the junction box on the street across a neighbors driveway. The second technician then came and buried the line. Neither one of these people or customer service mentioned anything about me getting a bill.

This was least expected of Verizon given we have been a loyal customer for years. A call to customer service didn't help except being asked to contact the 800 number on the bill.

Can anyone advice what are the appropriate next steps?

0 Likes
Re: CMR Claims Bill for Drop Line
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi magu,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes