Canceled service - still being billed
lokiboy23
Enthusiast - Level 2

cancelled my verizon fios internet services as of oct 2017 as i moved to a different location where verizon do not provide their services. after talking to the agent she said its all good she has cancelled the services, and there will be no payment needed from me but today when i checked my bank account the charged me for one full month. where as the services are cancelled already and i am not even living in that location where my services were active. utterly frustated i logged in to my account and cancelled my autopay option. need the refund.

0 Likes
Re: Canceled service - still being billed
jonjones1
Legend

Easiest way. Call your bank and have them charge it back to your account like credit card companies do.

however with banks and credit unions you may have to submit proof first of the cancellation (copy of the email saying your services are cancelled) and you must show you spoke to Verizon to give back your funds. Many banks and credit unions will require you fill out their form to get the money credited back.

call your bank now. Also remove and block Verizon from billing or refilling your account.

yep another form but you can do it with email back and forth to the bank.

lokiboy23
Enthusiast - Level 2

tried calling the customer service department in verizon ! promised to call back as the wait time is more than an hour its been 2 hours still no call. i have removed the auto pay from the online account i have with them will that help for future deductions ?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

It will help. But it will help more if you put a block from your bank on Verizon so they can take nothing again.

call your bank put in the dispute and let them give you your money back.

that is the best way.

lokiboy23
Enthusiast - Level 2

spoke to the agent with verizon she says "as your bill gets generated on the 15th of every month untill next month and you have cancelled the services on the 16th you will not get any refund for the whole next month even though you do not use the seervices.

that is the reason you have charged as the bill got generated on the day before you cancelled and you cant get refund even though you don't use the services". this is so much frustating and its simply robbing people by giving them wrong information.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lokiboy23,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes