This may be a bit long, but I want to get the details of this out so I don't have to repeat myself for the 50th time. I am having an issue viewing my TV Test Drive recommendations on the Verizon.com web site and on the My Fios mobile application.
The Main Problem
I signed up for Fios TV, Internet and Phone (landline) package and it was installed on March 5, 2022. For the TV service I selected TV Test drive. On April 4th, I received an email telling me that my recommendations were ready to view. I logged into my account, and clicked the "View TV Test Drive" button, but I have not been able to view my recommendations.
What I am Experiencing on Verizon.com
Here is what I am seeing when I try to view the TV Test Drive recommendations on my account on the Verizon.com website:
- After clicking the "View Test Drive" button, a white overlay on the screen appears with a loading icon.
- After a few seconds I am prompted to give permission for you to access my account, and I click the "Continue" button to give that permission.
- The white overlay appears with the loading icon, again. Behind the overlay I can see the "Your Fios Test Drive", but the loading doesn't seem to stop and I can't do anything on the page.
- If I click "Refresh" on my browser, the page loads as expected and I see the countdown for how many Test drive days I have left, and the list of the channels I have watched. There is prompt on the screen to view the recommendations.
- I click the "View Now" button to view my recommendations, and the "The best plan for you" screen opens, It says "Click any box below for plan details", but there is no box below. There is a link that says "See All Plans", but when I click it, nothing appears.
Browsers & Devices
I have performed the steps above, many, many times on multiple browsers and devices and have gotten the same results. Below are the browsers and devices I have tried it on.
- 2 different Windows 10 Computers with both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge
- Safari browser on my iPhone with IOS 15.3.1
- Safari browser on my iPad with IOS 15.3.1
On the Windows 10 computers, to troubleshoot the issue, I cleared my cookies and cache in both browsers but I continue to have the same results.
My Fios Mobile App Issue
I am having a similar issue when I try to view the recommendations on the My Fios App using my iPhone and iPad. However, the "Your Fios Test Drive" page never loads. I just see the white overlay with the loading icon, and can't go any further. To troubleshoot, on both devices, I uninstalled and reinstalled the application, but continued to have the same results.
My Contact with Verizon about the Issue
This is not the first time I am contacting Verizon about this issue. Below is a history of my contact.
Friday, April 8th:
- I called Tech Support, but I when I was connected I was told they were tech support for my Fios equipment (cable boxes, phone, modem), and not the web site. The tech transferred me to a place called "Voicelink" (at least that is what I think he said.)
- I was on hold for about 20 minutes when I spoke to an agent. I explained my problem, and she told me I was in the wrong place, and I needed to speak to Fiber Optics (I think that is what she said). She said she would transfer me, and I told her I had been on hold a long time, and don't want to hold again. I asked to make sure she was connecting me directly to an agent, and she said "Yes, Ma'am", and I was put on hold. After a few seconds, I got a message on the phone that I was on hold and needed to wait for an agent. I held on for 45 minutes but no one picked up. So, I hung up.
- I was very frustrated, and was considering canceling my service completely. I called Customer Retention, thinking they may be able to direct me to the right place. I was wrong. She did not know how to help me, and could only send me a link to view the different packages. She recommended that I contact support through "Chat".
- I used the chat feature, and after being transferred to two different people I connected with someone who tried to troubleshoot and fix the issue. We tried several things, including briefly changing my user name, but nothing seemed to work. He said the issue was beyond his expertise and he told me to "Report a Problem" on the My Fios application. He said they handle the website, and My Fios App issues. He also said they would get back to me in 24 to 48 hours after I report the issue.
Sunday, April 10
I used the "Report a Problem" option on the My Fios App, and provided the details I described above. Today, is Thursday, April 14th, and I have still not heard from them.
Wednesday, April 14
I contacted Tech Support, again, through Chat. This person tried to troubleshoot, and even sent me a link so he could view what was happening through the camera on my cellphone. He also said my issue was beyond what he could fix, and he would escalate my issue to the developers. He said they would contact me within 24 hours. The 24 hours has passed, and I am now reaching out here hoping to get some help.
I want this FIXED
I know that the moderator of this forum will send a generic message about my issue being escalated. Please make sure this gets escalated to someone who can actually fix the problem, and please include everything I have described above. I don't want to repeat this, again. I expect prompt attention to the matter. I have calculated that I have wasted at least 4 hours of my time trying to get this fixed with Verizon's tech support, and have gotten nowhere. I am very frustrated, and I am seriously considering canceling my service with Fios. Although you do provide a better service than competitors, the idea that they have been through several people in you tech support who cannot fix the issue, and being virtually ignored by the people who supposedly can, is unsettling and not a good sign for any other issues I may have in the future.
Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.