Customer Complaint(s)
KellieC

To say that I have had nothing but problems since signing up for Verizon Fios is an understatement.  Here is my tale of woe from the beginning.

I recently purchased a house and I called to set up my gas service. The representative stated that she could also help me order my Verizon Fios. I signed up for Quantum Fios with the full entertainment package and the sports package. I was told that I would be able to record many shows at once, would receive a $400 Visa gift card, and that someone would come out on Saturday for the installation at a an additional charge. Sounds great.

About a week later, I get a call from a Verizon representative stating that there is a problem with my order and to please call back. I call back with the order number and after finally figuring out what I was talking about, the represetative says that my order was put in incorrectly and had to be redone. I tell her what I wanted, the same as above, and schedule my installation for Saturday, June 29th. 

On Saturday, June 29th, I spend 4 house sitting in an empty house waiting for the Verizon installer. No one ever shows up or calls. After the window passes, I call the dispatcher and she says that no one showed up because of storms in the area. It was perfectly clear outside. She apologizes profusely, reschedules us for the next Saturday, guarantees us that we will not be charged, and says that she will call us promptly Monday morning to verify that everything is ready to go. She does not call on Monday, so on Tuesday I call and am informed that we are not scheduled for Saturday and that our installation has been marked complete. After being transferred numerous times to different departments, we are finally rescheduled for Saturday and told that we will not be charged. 

Saturday comes and Juan the Wonderful spends hours at our home installing cable jacks and setting up the equipment that had been shipped to us. He was very polite,very professional, and did a wonderful job. Thank you Juan, you are an asset to your company.

At this point, I think everything is fine. Then I try to set up a recording. After much research and chatting with yet another Verizon employee, I am informed that the order that I placed was not what I received. I have set top boxes that do not record and I need to upgrade to Quantum Fios, which is of course what I wanted in the first place. There will be an additional upgrade charge even though it was not my mistake.

I received the new boxes, I set them up, and I returned the old ones. Today, I received a notice that Verizon has received only one of my set top boxes and that I must returned the other one or be charged. They were in the same box. THEY WERE IN THE SAME BOX!

In the meantime, I have recieved my first bill. Guess what? I was charged for installation. I paid the bill because who knows what would happened if I didn't.

I was so very excited to be able to get rid of Comcast. I hated them with a passion that burned deep in my soul. I am completely and utterly disappointed with Verizon thus far.

Here is what I want: I want someone to contact me that can make the following things happen, because I am not interested in ruining the day of customer service call center employee who has nothing to do with the massive amount of grief this company has given me:

1. I want to be credited for the installation charge that I paid.

2. I want any upcomping installation charges removed.

3. I want the upgrade fee for Quantum Fios removed.

4. I want the $400 gift card that I was promised when I signed up.

5. I want someone to find out what happened to the "missing" set top box that was returned.

Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Complaint(s)
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes