Just had a conversation with customer support, and for some reason there's no survey or "please rate our representative / customer support" prompt or link or contact form anywhere..
Broken problems on the My Verizon account pages:
- Payment Options - Trying to add a checking account - the option to add a checking account does not show up. After a LOT of time chatting with customer support I realize the page has a bug; after refreshing the page then it shows the option to add a checking account
- Adding a checking account does not work - always an error message that it didn't work
- Entering card info does not correctly identify credit vs. debit cards; There is only 1 form to enter debit OR credit card. No option to discern them. Entering my Debit card is for some reason (according to customer service reps) mistakenly recognized in the system as a Credit card.
- After entering a payment method I cannot simply replace the current AutoPay payment method; it only prompts me to actually place a payment, even before due date.
- The date field to change payment date is broken; after editing the date field the other payment method fields reset - so basically i can't change the date when i want the payment to take effect.
All these & other issues prompted me to contact chat support
- April 8th 2022 - I chat with customer support
- Asking that I want to add checking account for AutoPay payment, but don't want to place actual payment now today but i cant adjust the payment date because the page is broken
- They eventually tell me to add the new payment method and place the payment later on the due date. I explicitly ask - are you sure it won't affect AutoPay discount? They assure me no don't worry it will not affect AutoPay if you enter it before the latest due date.
I enter the payment method from the
credit Debit card a few days before to the due date.
The next cycle I see I am being charged extra because AutoPay did not apply.
- June 1st 2022 I call customer support
- Supervisor never called
- I don't know if this representative added negative notes to my account... "annoying customer"... "deal with attitude"... because the future calls to customer support sure seemed like it
I check the account billing again a little while later, I don't know if someone is changing things around but now I see the last bill did have the AutoPay discount, but the current bill cycle is missing the AutoPay discount.. 🤦♂️ very confusing.
- June 15th 2022 I contact chat support
- ...An entire half hour+ goes by finding out there were unsolicited new charges (AMC+ additional monthly charge I never asked for... please check email and confirm new bill... refund unwanted charges etc...)
- June 15th 2022 I call customer support
If anyone at verizon can look up my account and verify all these chats & call recordings (if indeed they do record them) you'll see the whole story.
Need better customer service training & reporting tools.
Thanks for your time, I appreciate someone hearing me out
Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.