Damage to sprinkler system after Fios install
jmcumming1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently had Fios installed.  While running the conduit, the Verizon contractors cut through my sprinkler system in a few places.  I had my sprinkler guy come out and do the repairs ($$).  I called the general Verizon support number and they took no responsibility for any non-Verizon equipment.  Doesn't seem right - I'm posting here in the hopes of finding out how to submit a claim for reimbursement.  Not the welcome to Verizon I was hoping for.  

Re: Damage to sprinkler system after Fios install
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're talking mostly to other customers here.  Your options to contact Verizon are:

• Call 800-VERIZON.  You've already done that.
  • Use their chat feature.  Sometimes more helpful than phone.
  • Contact social media support using @VerizonSupport on Twitter or https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect.  Often more helpful than phone or support chat.
  • Contacting their executive appeals team.  Note they typically get involved after normal channels haven't resolved issues.  Google "Verizon executive appeals" to find them, you'll want the consumer group.

All that said, did you have your private underground services marked before Verizon installed the fiber?  Verizon should have had all the utilities marked before hand.  But the public utilities don't mark private underground lines such as sprinklers or pool piping.  If it wasn't marked, your recourse may be limited.

Re: Damage to sprinkler system after Fios install
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jmcumming,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes