Deceptive billing practives
m19641

below you will find the complaint I sent to BBB regarding my dealings with Verizon. I have been Verizon's customer fopr over 10 years.

I encourage everyone else with the same problem to reply to this post - I believe that I am not only one who has this problem.

"This complaint is about the deceptive billing practices employed by the employees of Verizon.

In the beginning of October 2018, I called Verizon's customer service and requested to remove one of the TV packages (Russian package) because I wanted to reduce my bill.

The representative removed the package and informed me that a "valued customer" discount ($25/month) I had been receiving from Verizon would expire on 10/28/17. The representative advised me that he would not be able to offer another discount until the current one expires.

I called Verizon again 1-2 days after Oct. 28- I spoke to a male representative who stated that he "would be glad" to offer me the same discount again for the next 12 months and that my monthly bill would be about $120-124 (I cannot remember the exact number).

Unfortunately, I did not write down the name of that male representative.

Today, I checked my bill and found out that it increased by $57.13 from the last month.

I called Verizon and spoke to Millie who told me that the "valued customer discount" that was promised by their representative a month ago, was never re-applied to my account. According to Millie, there were no notes on my account from the end of October or the beginning of November when I spoke to a representative who promised the discount.

Millie also said that there was a way to see who had accessed my account in the past but she would not be able to do it and only managers have access to this information.

I asked Millie to transfer my call to a manager- she placed me on hold three times, each time for more than 5 min., and eventually said that all the managers were busy and someone would call me back later. I have not received a call back.

I believe that it is unacceptable for Verizon to engage in these deceptive billing practices. It looks like this giant company believes it can deceive its customers and not be held responsible for doing it.

In addition, Verizon makes it very time-consuming to call them - today only, I spent over 30 minutes on the phone talking to them.

I am looking to switch to another phone/internet/cable provider.

However, I do believe that Verizon should be held responsible for its deceiving and dishonest billing practices."

P.S.

Every time I spoke to the customer service, they said to me, "You know you have over ten devices connected to internet, would you like to increase you internet speed? We have this very high speed router that would be great for you."

I bet if I said "yes", that would be done immediately and they would not conveniently forget to place a note on the account.

0 Likes
Re: Deceptive billing practives
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi m1964,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes