Early Termination Fee not waived
allcanc

When I got my VERIZON FIOS  with 2 year contract they promised that my Early Termination Fee will be waived as I was temporary at my current place and planning to move. Now when I called them up that I am planning to move to Louisiana where they don't have service but asking me to pay Early termination Fee or transfer the account to someone. I am not sure how fair is this.

0 Likes
Re: Early Termination Fee not waived
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

If you have a contract and break it there is an early termination fee. If Verizon decides to waive it that would be on a case by case basis.

0 Likes
allcanc

Yes but it's not fair to charge Early Termination Fee if you don't have service in the area where you are moving and before enrolling I verified about the same.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

I would be more than happy to check your account and see what is going on.

I will send you a private message since I need to collect details I can't ask for in public space

~Jess

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@allcanc wrote:

Yes but it's not fair to charge Early Termination Fee if you don't have service in the area where you are moving and before enrolling I verified about the same.

The ETF is for your current address not your new one. Unfortunately it is in the fine print of the terms of service.