FIOS Box
philbwrs

You need an email address for someone to reach you in case of outside mechanical issues.

The FIOS BOX lid is open an exposed here! "{edited for privacy}"

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: FIOS Box
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Box
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello philbwrs,

Unfortunately due to non response we'll close the private thread. If you still need assistance with this matter or ever need help with anything else please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes
QIP 71001 LAN Connection
Somlboy96

I've had a LG Blue Ray player connected with an ethernet cable (RJ45) to the wired LAN port on the back of my QIP 71001 for about 3 years. I could stream TV like Netflix with it. The otherday, I could not connect to Netflix and after talking with the LG support, changing cables to the Morotola top box I plugged my laptop into the LAN port on the back and found NO internet connection.

I discovered that I could connect the Blue Ray player to the internet via my residential wireless network and stream video. But the the player manual "strongly recommends" a wired connection. So that's the way it was originally set up.

I finally called Verizon support (See case #: {edited for privacy}), and after some fooling around including resetting the box, I was told that Motorola had disabled the RJ45 LAN connection on the back of the top box. This was just as mysterious to John (my techniciam) as it was to me.

I assumed that this was a recent change but some web searching suggests that the plug NEVER worked. Wierd!

Anyway, John agreed to send me a coax splitter and I'll have to move my modem into the living room to make the connection.

Anybody know anything about this?

0 Likes