FIOS Damage to property
Fleaisme

My back neighbors had fios installed weeks ago. The cable was left running across my driveway and down my yard until this past Tuesday. A sub-contracting crew of 5 men appeared, to burry the line, and my yard had been marked ahead of time by Miss Utility.  These men spent from 9:00 am until 8:00 pm, DESTROYING my yard!!   Although my other utilities ( water, power, gas, cable) were clearly marked, they created a 5’X6’ trench, piled the shoveled dirt on top of a tarp ( which has now killed my grass), and in this process, cut my water line!!!! It has been leaking since Tuesday, with no response from Verizon, and no attempt to fix it. Furthermore, leaving a giant open trench near a sidewalk, without ANY markings, cones, or ways to warn people, is extremely unsafe!!!!  My house was supposed to be listed for sale today, 4/1/21, but unfortunately, with the amount of damage that was left, ( deep trench, mound of dirt on a tarp, dead grass, cut water line, flooded water meter) I cannot put it up for sale!!!! I do not even have any Verizon services, and cannot get a human on the phone to find out when and how this will be rectified, and how I will be compensated for not being able to list my home ( who knows how long this will take to repair and restore) as well as having the damaged water pipe repaired and my yard put back the way it was. The state of how things were left when I’m not even the one who ordered fios is absolutely ridiculous!! Furthermore, my home is within the boundaries of the Chesapeake Bay Preservation Area, and governed by insanely strict laws as to what can and cannot be done, as well as it falls under the City of Virginia Beach’s ( VA) Storm Water Management program, due to erosion and sediment control measures put into place to protect the storm water system in my city.   I could be fined by either authority at any time, for work I did not authorize, or even order! If there is anyone out there who knows how to file a complaint with Verizon, reach a human within Verizon who can actually help me in this situation, I would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions! I am beyond angry, due to the damages and run around by all Verizon reps.  TIA.....

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Damage to property
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Fleaisme,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes