Re: FREE Tablet is NOT Free
LoveFiosWhenWk
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just renewed my triple play service thru 2017. The representative offered me a faster router, and HBO free for a year. By the time they finished, I felted like a valued customer.  But when I received my free tablet offer in the mail, my warm fuzzy feelings disappeared.  The offer is for a free tablet if I pay for activation and add a data  plan. Now the free tablet is not free. I have to put out some money to get my freebie?  Then  I see on Verizon's website the same offer I received with the exception of the tablet.  They are offering a visa card for $100 for fios triple play 2 year agreement, which I renewed. That is a real valued customer offer.  Verizon, you fooled me, shame on you! 

0 Likes
twmackey
Enthusiast - Level 1

This tablet is not free, it says it is but calling customer service and said there is a 10.00 charge every month, that is not free.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

No different than the free phones you get from cell providers when you sign up for service.

Its always the fine print.

0 Likes
Airwolf1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@twmackey wrote:

This tablet is not free, it says it is but calling customer service and said there is a 10.00 charge every month, that is not free.

The mistake people make is when they see the word "free". Nothing is really ever free. Do you really think a company is just going to hand over a device that they have to pay for themselves?

When people see "free" the first thing that should be asked is what's the catch then the fine print should be looked at.

I recently got a so called "free" Samsung tablet through t-mobile, but of course I had to add on a data plan.

That data plan that these companies make you sign up for basically covers the cost of the tablet.