False Phone Number Posted On Phone Management Page
PortalVictim

The “Phone Management” page for my account on the MyVerizon website and on the MyVerizon app shows an incorrect phone number. This prevents me from using any of the Phone Management features, like call forwarding, the call log, and voicemail reading from PC or cell phone. Voicemail works on the land line, but I can’t see it unless I’m at home, listening to the messages one at a time. The Phone Management page shows only an orange box saying there’s a problem and try again later.

Over the past 6 weeks of trying to get this problem fixed, I’ve found out that our home phone number was changed without our knowledge after an installation of new FIOS equipment on May 28. A tech support agent managed to change our actual, working number back to the correct one, but the false number is stuck on the Phone Management page, rendering it useless, even though two “Tier 2 tickets” reported that the problem was solved.

Today, July 12, 2021, a tech support agent told me that the broken portal page had been corrected, but that it would take 30 TO 45 DAYS to update it, which is usual for any change to account information. I know this isn’t so, because the false number changed our account information instantly. Why it should take a month or more to fix the mistake, I can’t imagine. But then, nobody at Verizon can tell me who put in the false number change that created this mess.

I’ve already spent more than 30 days contacting Verizon on this, I’ve been told at least three times it’s fixed, and it isn’t fixed. The same agent suggested I file a complaint, so here it is. (The complaint page blew up the first two times I tried to post a message about this mess—why am I not surprised?)

I told the agent today that this has to be fixed within 11 days, because I’ll need to check home voicemails while I’m on the road. Wish me luck!

0 Likes
Re: False Phone Number Posted On Phone Management Page
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi PortalVictim,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes