Fios Service Gone Dead
BurtReynolds
Contributor - Level 1

Looking for some thoughts on why my service is suddenly out of commission.  It was working last night, but upon waking today I have no internet, TV, or phone. 

I traded some messages with Twitter Verizon Support before having to leave for work and they had me look at the router (Power is on, LAN coax is on...no Internet) and the BBU ("Green" service light and suprisingly had a red light for the battery, even though it is not beeping at me).  They asked me to hold the "Silent Alarm" button on the BBU for 25 seconds, which appeared to do nothing before I ran out of time with them. 

I also did the obvious - powered off the router for a bit and turned it back on.  Checked connections. 

Unless it fixes itself sometime today, I'll have the joy of calling in when I get home this evening.  Looking to get smart on some possible causes before that. 

My confidence in phone support is pretty low based on my last interaction with Customer Support, where they failed to send me a new, non multi-room DVR; failed to send me boxes to return my multi-room equipment, failed to call to follow up like they said they would, and all of that was after calling Support 3 times and buring nearly 3 hours of my time trying to get the issue resolved.  Part of me wonders if the mess of equipment ordering that CS created when I tried to swap out equipment is causing some sort of a block on my account. 

Appreciate any thoughts from the community.  

0 Likes
Re: Fios Service Gone Dead
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Open up the ONT on the customer side and see if you have any error indications.

If you do, reporting those to support will go a long way to getting you fixed.

0 Likes
BurtReynolds
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the response.  So by ONT, you mean the box on the outside of my house?  There should be indicator lights in there I guess?  Can't say I've ever had to open it. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. The ONT is the box that has the fiber come in and the coax leaving.

There is an access door that says something like Customer Access.

Open that and there are inidicator lights.

There are a few different models, but here is a link to an example:

http://www.site2241.net/images/MOCAbox.jpg

0 Likes