Fios refuses to install in my attic
rdchris

I have a brand new townhome in a community where the builder (pulte homes) has a business relationship with verizon and the houses have been wired specifically for fios service.  The installer came out sunday morning and after 10 minutes, tell me that he cant do the install b/c I dont have a non gfci outlet in my garage to install the battery backup.  Now I thought this was odd that this is a brand new construction and I shouldnt have to be adding outlets for an installation b/c the house is wired for fios.  I talked to the builder several hours later and they tell me, thats a load of crap and all the connections they need are in the attic and that all the other homes in the community (over 100) have the install done in the attic.  She mentions she has come across this two or three times in the community and even had one installer get very irate and started yelling at the home owner.    So I have been on the phone with verizon for two days on and off and they keep telling me that there's no way they will go in the attic!  Has anyone come across this before?  I have an installation scheduled for saturday morning and I dont want to have to go thru this hassle anymore.  Im already a week without service thanks to an incompetent technician.

0 Likes
Re: Fios refuses to install in my attic
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Glad we were able to help you out rdchris! Let us know if you need anything else.

-Farrah

0 Likes