Fios security flaw - seeing another network's devices
MostToast1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I login to Fios website, home-> services->internet, click on Parental Controls, it shows me another network's devices. GE Smart Plug, Echo, Chromecast, Galaxy that I don't have.

Also Fios website home->services->internet, devices, click on the 'wheel' to configure a device, I get a device from another network "Nicolas MacBook Pro" I don't know any Nicolas

I guess others are seeing my network as well?  Seems like a major security flaw
Re: Fios security flaw - seeing another network's devices
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I will give to you my two cents.

You only need to use their NAT router if:

You have Fios TV One (or Fios One TV - if I got that so close but not quite) AND OR if you need support from Verizon.

Support will end at the ONT if you use your own NAT router.

and -> If you use your NAT router, they can't see inside of your network.

#2 Not sure how to solve it but it seems that they have the networks backwards. They can see yours and you can see theirs instead of the other way around.

MostToast1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't follow you input, but I am using the Fios router.  I now see 'Nicolas MBP' and other devices via the mobile app as well.  If you want my two cents, this is because I subscribed to the converged mobile / Fios login, and now their system is corrupted.  But this is a major security flaw, cross network information sharing.

0 Likes
UserNM1
Enthusiast - Level 1

"Nicholas MacBook Pro" is a place holder, is a piece of text that shows there as a suggestion, an example of what a hostname should be labelled. If you try to put text in the hostname field, you will see how you can overwrite that text and I can also tell is a place holder because its color is more greyed out, just not enough too be noticed as place holder, its color is too dark for a place holder text so it can be confused as actual name of a device. I just noticed this whole thing right after we activated our Verizon router. (Verizon should change that place holder for something less confusing like "Example: Joe Macbook/Desktop".

That's it. We are safe. Cheers!