Green Box in my backyard
BlackGreen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Green Utility Box from Verizon in my backyard. I want to put my backyard fence, but this green box falls right along my property line and because of that I cannot put that fence. I would need someone from Verizon to come and relocation that box.

Secondly, box has a plastic cover which is not placed properly and sometimes the box is bare open. This is a safety hazarded for the community. Please have someone sent out as soon as possible who can relocate the box and can also secure it in a proper manner. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Green Box in my backyard
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking mostly to other customers here.  If you want to reach Verizon, try the "contact us" links at the bottom of the page.

As Cang_Household pointed out, the Verizon box is very likely within a utility easement that was created when the property was first developed.  Easements are a permanent part of the property's deed.  The plat of survey will show the easement.  You should check your deed, but every easement I've seen requires free and unencumbered access for utility companies.  Further, moving a telecommunications box can be expensive, especially if wires or cables need to be dug up and spliced.

In short, it will may take a lot more than a chat with Verizon support to move the box.  You may want to consider other ways to deal with it in it's current location.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you or the previous property owner sign an easement agreement with VZ? If that is the case, you need to cover the cost for utility relocation.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking mostly to other customers here.  If you want to reach Verizon, try the "contact us" links at the bottom of the page.

As Cang_Household pointed out, the Verizon box is very likely within a utility easement that was created when the property was first developed.  Easements are a permanent part of the property's deed.  The plat of survey will show the easement.  You should check your deed, but every easement I've seen requires free and unencumbered access for utility companies.  Further, moving a telecommunications box can be expensive, especially if wires or cables need to be dug up and spliced.

In short, it will may take a lot more than a chat with Verizon support to move the box.  You may want to consider other ways to deal with it in it's current location.

BlackGreen
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a new built community (2021). Not sure where to find that easement in that deed. There are other boxes and flushed mount on our block, which all align, in that small alley in our backyard. Doesn't disturb property line or anything falls inside the fence. This is the only box that is not aligned and falls inside someone property line. 

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I may not have the right terms, as I'm not a real estate lawyer.  I do know that easements are in the legal documents.  A real estate expert should be able to help you figure it out for your specific property.

As far as moving the box, you'll need to ask Verizon if it's possible and if any costs will be involved.  Use the options in the "contact us" link to reach out to them.  You can also try tweeting @verizonsupport or chatting on their Facebook page.