Hidden Labor Charges
kbal1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had issues last month with my internet connection dropping at odd times. I spent a lot of time troubleshooting by myself and using the online tools. Then I called and spent more time only to find out that someone had to come take a look. The onsite technician investigated and told me that likely the splitter in the attic had to be changed. He changed it and got a higher reading on his device for my internet speeds/ping rate and left. All of this took 20 minutes. Happy Customer? No!

Why - you ask? because now I see labor charges for $137 on my bill for two half hour sessions. At no point did the phone technician or the onsite technician tell me that I would have to pay. Calling customer service resulted in my wife being told that this is normal and that we should have known - but how? Isnt Verizon responsible for explaining to customers that anything on their property that needs replacement will be chargeable at a really high labor rate? Doesnt the law require that a customer at least sign paperwork that states they are aware that they will be charged and get a copy of the paperwork, or maybe then Verizon would have to provide warranty for it so there is no paperwork?

I've been a customer since 2008, the last few years have been great and every 2 years I do more business with Verizon...where is the love Verizon? Where are the protocols for charging customers? You cannot just sweep these issues under the carpet by putting a customer through all this and tell them we will take 50%  - this is really absurd!

Have other customers seen the same behavior? Or am I the only one?

0 Likes
Re: Hidden Labor Charges
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes