How to file a complaint with Verizon
MCC888

Renewed service for VZN fios in 11/2017 through chat, was told that I will be getting a giftcard within 60 days. (I screenshot my chat conversation bc had previous experience with VZN where they don't perform on their part, but wants to penalize their customers when we want to cancel bc we did not get what we were promised). Long story short, its 5/2018, 6 months later and still no gift card. So I called customer service, spoke with Michelle and she tried to hepl me get connected to the right dept. In th midst of waiting, she upgraded my service and upsold me on some new box tops and new routers. In turn, my plan got renewed again. Once this was all set and done, she transferred me, and guess what..... I GOT DISCONNECTED!!! So I called back and got a direct # and AGAIN....DISCONNECTED. 

I wasted 2 hours on the phone, ended up paying more and upgraded my plan, but still don't receive the customer service that I was promised. Finally, I called back, and the rep told me she sees my GC on my plan, but I would have to go through "live chat" since I got my previous plan through chat. So I took her advice and chatted with someone online. She told me that the giftcard does show on my account and that I will get a follow up email from VZN with 3 days. This was 4/25/2018. a whole entire week passed and still no follow up. 

So today, I went back on chat to follow up and was told that the giftcard no longer shows on my account. They do not know whom I spoke with, nor do they know why I never got the card within 60 days. All she could say is "I understand this is frustrating, but I cannot help you. Then we got disconnected and when another Live chat member came on, I had to relay the entire story to him again. He told me me that I will have to call 1800-VERIZON to have the escalated. Why is doing business with Verizon always such a hassle. I don't need a physical gift card. I will be happy with a credit towards my account, but I wasnt what was prmoised to me. This is not the 1st time something like this happened.

11/2012 - New Service; prmoised a $300 Gift Card, never recieved it (that's why I took a screen shot of my conversation with Verizon)

8/2017 - was paying $150/month; called in to add STARZ, the rep ended up renewing my contract promising how much he was going to save me, but failed to mention that his discounts were only temporary; so the 1st 3 months, I ended up paying $135/month; after that, $40-$45 more per month for the remainder of my 2 year contract. I called in to complain, and VZN told me too bad bc I hit accept on the email. 

11/2017 - told a rep my previous story and went on chat to get new quote. Although, there was  no difference in my monthly bill, I was prmoised the gift card at signing within 60 days. I made sure I asked twice, and took a screenshot. Never got it. 

4/2018 - called to inquire about the gift card, but fell for their shenanigans again. Did an upgrade and they told me they will take care of my problem at the same time, but the minute they got my business againa dn extended my renewal, they never called back. 

This is unacceptable business practice. 

0 Likes
Re: How to file a complaint with Verizon
jonjones1
Legend

Non receipt of gift cards is under your states attorney generals office.

google your states attorney generals office and call or file an online complaint.

that screen shot should be enough to get the proper authorities to take up your case.

this gift card ploy is quite prevalent within Verizon so you are not the first.

it may be possible to break any contract that is not followed through by each party.

you took the service, you pay your bill but Verizon reneged on the promised binder of the gift card.

just cancel the service if the attorney generals office takes your case.

0 Likes
Re: How to file a complaint with Verizon
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi MCC888,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes