I just renewed my plan with verizon and am just not happy
ortiz34
Enthusiast - Level 3
Cliff notes Been with fios for roughly five years dating back to the free 19 inch HD TV promotion After my first two year contract expired I called to renew and was given a even better price. Then the first bill comes and it's not even close to what we agreed on. Called and called because I was not going to accept being completely lied to. At this time period many, many people were here claiming the same thing happened (approx2 yrs ago). All was settled with a 40 dollar "valued customer discount" which lasted one year and dropped to a 20 dollar " valued customer discount". I was happy, didn't mind paying more and loved FIOS.Mind you it took many,many hourson the phone to resolve. Fast forward to about a month ago and being leary about calling in, being told one thing and getting charged another I went online. Was basically bullied into choosing a inferior package from extreme to prime, said I would not lose nfln and MLB network. All he kept asking me was if I had checked out yet, like he was in some hurry, over and over again which was odd. Having two young ones at home and money being tight I was trying to save a buck. Shame on me, I lost many off my favorite channels which I could probably live with however the internet speeds are painfully slow. I can hardly watch videos now it's so bad. Did the chat rep put a gun to my head? No, but being at work and him being rather pushy clouded my judgement on just waiting like I should have. So here I sit, a long time happy customer wearing FIOS underpants left holding the bag with sub par service that I really didn't want. The wife is fuming wanting to switch to xfinity as I tell her I will try and come to some common ground with the big red V. If there are any suggestions or help on what I can do it would be truly appreciated. Mike (certified Verizon kool aid drinker)
0 Likes