I was lied to by Verizon Rep then told to leave and return to optimum.
REHernandez92

In May of this year (2018), Verizon began installing their Fios service in my Apartment building. A representative knocked on my door advertising their services. The representative convinced that I would benefit for the Fios services , however, I was already with optimum. I expressed my concern that I would want to for my current billing period with optimum to end before I agree to switch over to Verizon to avoid being charged by both companies. The Verizon representative expressed that waiting did not make sense because I would not be charged for the first month since I am a new customer and he would also waive the installation fee, which would give me time to pay my optimum bill and allow a smooth transition to a new service. So, I signed up, with autopay, and had my installation on May 11th.

It is currently 6/25/2018 and my bill is now 305.21. When I contacted Verizon, I was told that I was charged on May 18th, 7 days after my installation $150. When I explained my situation and what the initial Verizon rep told me, the representative asked me for the reps name that I spoke to in-person. Of course, I did that have that, however, I provided my address, date and time we spoke and created the account. I was told that over the phone representatives that they do not keep records of agents who open new accounts. This doesn’t make sense to me because why would Verzion not keep records of where they send their representatives. The over the phone rep told me that she could not help me and requested that I either pay the bill or contact optimum asking for them to cover my Verizon termination fee if I return.

So, in short, I was lied to by a Verizon rep, then told by another Verizon rep to deal with it or leave. I am now stuck with a bill from optimum and a $350 from Verizon because of a lying Verizon rep. This is extremely unfair predicament I am in due to Verizon reps thirst for commission and a terrible new customer experience. I feel ripped off, disrespected and it is becoming clear to me that Verizon does not care for my business. 

0 Likes
Re: I was lied to by Verizon Rep then told to leave and return to optimum.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi REHernandez92,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes