I was quoted a monthly price, then received a order summary showing a higher price!
ahod30

My existing 2-year agreement was set to expire, so I called yesterday to find out what the new pricing and promotions were to potentially extend into a new agreement.  The representative was polite, and quoted me a specific package.   To make sure we were on the same page, I read back all of the compenents of the pacakge and asked her to provide me with what the monthly cost (all-inclusive with tax, fees, etc.) would be.  She gladly did this and I followed through with the voice verification that I agreed to the conditions, etc. 

So shortly after, I check my email and saw that I had a order summary confirmation from Verizon. The estimated amount was for much more than what she quoted me and certain items didn't match!  So I called back and of course got another representative.  She spoke to a manager and her only offer to me was to cancel the deal all together.  To me, that was not acceptable because I had already been quoted one thing and then was going to be billed another.  I asked for a manger.  The manager was very polite and listened to whole story.  She basically said that she wasn't able to get a hold of the original rep that quoted me the price.  I said that I would cancel if this didn't get straightened out.  So she said to give her 1-3 days to try and get in touch with her to see what she could find out.

I am quite upset and feel taken advantage of.  I was quoted one thing and going to be charged another.  The big problem is a lack of systems at Verizon.  No one can get a hold of other reps you have dealt with, the notes entered by them do not post, and they tell you they are going to record the call yet can't refer back to the recording to verify what happened.  I like the service very much (have had for about 4 years, since it was brough into my neighborhood), but I will cancel if the quoted price isn't honored and go to a competitor. 

0 Likes
Re: I was quoted a monthly price, then received a order summary showing a higher price!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Please come back after you have heard from them and let us know how you made out.

0 Likes
Re: I was quoted a monthly price, then received a order summary showing a higher price!
ahod30

Its been two days and I haven't heard back.  Since we are up against the weekend, I'm concerned that I won't hear back for at least a few more days, if at all.  By then it will be too long past the initial issue that no one is going to want to help.  It just seems like customer service has been tossed aside by Verizon.  Why should it take so long for someone to call me to resolve an internal issue?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ahod30,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
hmiller147

The same thing happened to me. I was re-newing a two year agreement and they quoted a monthly price of $219/month and when I received my bill it was for $280. I just called and cancelled the two year contract. I don't have time to waste, I will just go month to month and look into other cable/internet providers. I feel I sould get the same prices as a new fios customer gets, I mean I am signing a new two year contract just like the new customer.

0 Likes