Inside wire maintenance plan
randyk2

I am being charged $6.99 per month. Has anyone ever benefitted from this protection?Can it be cancelled?

0 Likes
Re: Inside wire maintenance plan
minded
Contributor - Level 1

Yes to both questions.

oreogizmo
Enthusiast - Level 3

The major reason I have this plan is that the wiring in my house is over 50 years old and also not easy to access.   Several years ago, I had a problem which was due to a short in the inside wiring.  It took the repairman over 4 hours to first locate the source, and then fix the problem.  After he was done, I asked him how much this would have cost me if I did not have this plan, and he replied that it would probably have been about $500.

So yes, for me it's worth it.  However, for others with updated or newer wiring that might not be the case. 

Toyhawk88

I had the inside wire maintenance plan for years (minimum 5) because we used to have an old house. We were fortunate to never have to use it. We've been in a newer house now for 2 years and I recently made changes to our account because I was paying almost $190 a month for combined internet, phone and cable. One of the things I did was cancel the inside wire mainenance. So last night my internet and phone go out... technician got my internet back up but is getting "weird" error messages including a "ground fault error." Surprise, surprise, the only solution is to send a technician out for a diagnostic. First he quoted me the pricing schedule for potential service repair, then he offered the inside wire maintenance program because, of course, it would save me so much money in the long run. Coincidence? I think not.

0 Likes