Leaning Pole, Low Wires, and Verizon's Lack of Concern
NeedsHelpNow1

A Verizon utility pole is leaning approximately 30 degrees toward my property.

This represents a safety issue for my family and passersby. Moreover, low hanging wires are partially

obstructing access to the property.

In May 2020 I contacted Verizon regarding the issue and a new pole was installed the following week.

However, the wires were never moved from the old pole to the new pole.

Instead, the installers simply tied a rope between the two in order to secure the leaning pole.

Not only is this an inadequate remedy, but also an embarrassment to you, considering Verizon's resources.

After contacting Verizon, a second time, I was told the issue had been escalated and assured the work would be completed soon. I was given a ticket number, which today I discovered has been closed without any remediation.

For the past year, the new pole sits empty as the old pole continues to lean and wires continue to impede access to the property. Last year I was forced to postpone landscaping and tree work on the property, but in an exercise of patience, I have waited to address the issue, given the difficulties caused by COVID-19. However, as Spring approaches I cannot afford to postpone this work any longer.

Given that I have been waiting for this service to be completed since June 2020 and received no update on its status, I can only assume you have no intention to complete the work. Since no action has been taken to resolve this issue, I have contacted my state representative and township code enforcement officer regarding your lack of concern for personal property and safety. 

I would appreciate a prompt response and a timeline for remediation.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Leaning Pole, Low Wires, and Verizon's Lack of Concern
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NeedsHelpNow,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes