Contact Verizon through Chat to see if changing to the Mix and Match program would save me some money. I mainly wanted to know how the More TV compared to the Extreme HD I already had.
- Was told they are exactly the same
- Was quoted a price equivalent to what I currently pay but I would get Giga internet service
- Minutes after I agreed; my DVR service was gone and so was BEIN sports, which we watch all the time.
Contacted Verizon through Chat again to see why DVR wasn’t working.
- Was told it wasn’t part of my new package.
- Asked about BEIN Sports, was told it isn’t part of my new package. Despite being told I would be getting the exact same service I already had.
- I asked if we could cancel everything and go back to my original plan. Customer Service rep said she would cancel, and everything would revert shortly.
- Waited an hour, no DVR and no BEIN sports
Contacted Verizon through Chat a third time
- Was told the cancellation order was pending, but DVR was not part of the package.
- He could add it for me for $20/month
- I agreed because I was already 3 hours into this ordeal and just wanted my service back.
- When the order was sent to me for review, it included a $65 early termination fee. Was told to “ignore it” and contact customer service later for a refund.
- Said if I switch to Mix and Match, $65 would be waived, so I asked him to help me switch to the Mix and Match. He then tells me I’m already on mix and match. So confusing.
- Went through the options again and offered me a plan which I agreed to. Still included the $65 early termination fee but I would have to call customer service later to get a credit.
- Was told a tech had to come out for the upgraded internet. The next available appointment is 17 days away.
- Was told DVR service would be restored in 1-2 hours.
- 3 Hours later, still no DVR service.
Contacted Verizon through Chat a fourth time
- Said DVR was now part of my package and the order is pending
- What about BEIN sports? I would have to buy the sports package for $14 month or upgrade to Most TV package for $250ish a month. I declined.
Contacted Verizon through Chat a fifth time to inquire about reducing internet speed and adding Most instead of More TV (to keep monthly bill reasonable)
- Finally got a service tech that checked everything thoroughly with a reasonably priced package.
- DVR should return within 24 hours
No DVR service and no BEIN Sports; called tech support
- A wonderful rep was very patient and was able to restore my DVR service.
- Was not able to restore BEIN sports.
- Was told I would have to wait until the tech completes the upgrade on February 4 to restore a channel I was watching 5 hours earlier.
After several hours of this mess:
- I basically have everything I had before except no BEIN sports.
- I’ve also lost several discounts:
- Verizon Connections $10/month- I’ve tried several times to re-enroll but the website is unresponsive.
- $8/month discount on my set-top boxes
- Several hours of my life that I can’t get back.
ALSO, HAD TO EITHER COPY OR TAKE SCREEN SHOTS OF MY CHAT BECAUSE THEY DON'T OFFER AN OPTION TO DOWNLOAD YOUR CHAT WHEN COMPLETE. GOOD WAY TO NOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.
Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.