Major Problems with my Account & can't find help anywhere
sueschmidt1

in 01/2006, I set up a DSL account in the home of my mother, intended to be separated in EVERY way from her billing. I set up email/internet account so that I could access my SEPARATE DSL account, currently account #6954-0001 (not full account #) so that I could access the DSL account specifically. Everything was fine with my account from 1/2006 thru 05/2016. Then suddenly in 06/2016, my DSL charges started getting billed to my mother's phone bill, acct. ending 8495, her pymts started getting credited to my DSL acct (randomly), my DSL pymts were credited to her phone bill and I can no longer access account #6954-0001 online in any way, the login info at top no longer shows my name at all (instead says Hi M.... which is my mother's name! My 77-yr-old mother who's never spent a SECOND on the internet!) AND THE AUTOPAY I'D SET UP SUDDENLY STOPPED BEING PROCESSED. [THE LAST TIME I GOT ACCESS TO PAYMENTS, THE PAYEE ON MY BANK ACCOUNT WAS SHOWING AS MY MOTHER'S NAME AND MY BANK ASSURES ME THAT THIS IS A GUARANTEED WAY TO GET AUTOPAY REJECTIONS FROM ANY BANK...] We've been arguing with the RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMER SERVICE SINCE JUNE 6TH about all these things and we've gotten absolutely NOWHERE! (PS My mother, before she retired in 1994, used to work for RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR NJ BELL!!!), IN SEPT. VERIZON THREATENED HER WITH BEING SENT TO COLLECTIONS BECAUSE NO ONE IN RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMER SERVICE SEEMS TO KNOW HOW TO FLAG AN ACCOUNT WITH "UNDER DISPUTE," BOTH HER PHONE BILL AND MY DSL ACCOUNT BALANCES ARE SO BADLY MINGLED/MANGLED AFTER ARGUING WITH THEM FOR THE LAST SIX MONTHS THAT THEY ARE HOPELESSLY **bleep** UP. THEY KEEP ADDING LATE FEES TO MY MOTHER'S PHONE BILL EVEN THOUGH BASED ON OUR RECORDS, VERIZON OWES HER $10 FOR OVERPAYMENTS, AND SINCE I CAN'T ACCESS MY DSL ACCOUNT AT ALL, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I OWE THEM, FORCING ME TO CALCULATE EXACTLY WHAT I OWE THEM, WHICH ISN'T HARD SINCE IT'S A SINGLE CHARGE EACH MONTH..... 

WHAT THE HELL IS VERIZON DOING? THE HELL THEY REFER TO AS "AUTOMATED/ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE" IS ACTUALLY EVEN WORSE THAN DEALING WITH THEIR RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ALTHOUGH I'M PRETTY SURE THAT THEIR ENTIRE DEPARTMENT MUST HAVE BEEN TRAINED BY THE AUTOMATED AGENT FROM THE WEBSITE. I AM GOING TO MAIL 40 PAGES + PKOTOCOPIES OF MY MOTHER'S 06/02/2016 THROUGH 11/02/2016 BILLS TO THE ONLY OTHER LIVING BEINGS I CAN FIND, A PO. BOX CLAIMING TO BE "VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE" IN WALLINGFORD, CT. AND IF THEY FAIL TO FIX THIS, I WILL THEN BEGIN CONTACTING TROUBLESHOOTERS FROM WHOMEVER I CAN FIND... APP, WWOR, WTXF, WPIX, BBB. HELP!!!!!

PS. NEITHER OF THE WORDS CHANGED TO **bleep** BY YOUR COMPUTER SERVERS WERE "HTML ERRORS," AND CHANGING THEM TO **bleep** ONLY MAKES ME WISH I'D USED STRONGER LANGUAGE....

0 Likes
Re: Major Problems with my Account & can't find help anywhere
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sueschmidt1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes